+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Barnsley v Stoke City Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    The Chinese are a stubborn bunch, and they have an ability to ignore criticism.
    Ask the people of Hong Kong. They just pretend it's not happening.
    And isn't this week the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall .

Wonder how that happened ?

Folk sitting at home doing nowt perhaps ?

OK then a mass collection of fans marching up grove Street and protesting against the owners and then not attending the game will count for nothing as hodger says they are good at ignoring criticisms

The Chinese are a stubborn bunch, and they have an ability to ignore criticism.
    Ask the people of Hong Kong. They just pretend it's not happening.
    That sounds just like the Oyston's at Blacky Fc eh Hodger... and let me say the word 'allegedly' here, just in case lol.

Animal, your really making it sound like that "when good men do nothing, when evil is being committed, doesnt that make them just as bad etc ?".
    I really dont know what to say here because I or anybody else cant change what these owners are thinking and doing, even though it pees me off so much!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That sounds just like the Oyston's at Blacky Fc eh Hodger... and let me say the word 'allegedly' here, just in case lol.

Animal, your really making it sound like that "when good men do nothing, when evil is being committed, doesnt that make them just as bad etc ?".
    I really dont know what to say here because I or anybody else cant change what these owners are thinking and doing, even though it pees me off so much!.
    You see your making it all about them , big mistake acido .

The question is what we want and how we want to see the club run , which equates to be the very best we can accomplish with the resources we have .

This is absolutely nothing to do with them , we pitch what we should be accomplishing , we are the customer / fan .

There isn't a more rounded group of fans than we are , we know what we are .

The club at this moment in time dictates everything which is for the owners personal gain .

Sit back by all means , stay away , back the team because protest will upset the apple cart .

But please don't tell me you really care and I mean really care , not you personally but as a bigger collective acido .

You don't .

Like Ive asked Animal, what can we do eh ?. Because I dont think attendances or even the lack of them, are an issue with these people, and I dont think they give a tom tit either way!.
    What exactly is their long term plan eh, they dont need the money, but it seems like they still want to keep earning money on selling our best players etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Like Ive asked Animal, what can we do eh ?. Because I dont think attendances or even the lack of them, are an issue with these people, and I dont think they give a tom tit either way!.
    What exactly is their long term plan eh, they dont need the money, but it seems like they still want to keep earning money on selling our best players etc.
    Well what did the Blackpool fans do ? , simply accept it ? .

No they didn't , they fought for their heart n soul back versus the money man in control .

They were prepared to protest , stay away , get proper nasty and accept the consequences of falling in to league two from a season of PL football and a very good championship team .

They won , eventually .

They sit today in league one with every chance of further progression .

Don't even tell me the fight ain't worth it , of course there are consequences .

You want these people out then be prepared to go the whole way or stay the feck out of it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You see your making it all about them , big mistake acido .

The question is what we want and how we want to see the club run , which equates to be the very best we can accomplish with the resources we have .

This is absolutely nothing to do with them , we pitch what we should be accomplishing , we are the customer / fan .

There isn't a more rounded group of fans than we are , we know what we are .

The club at this moment in time dictates everything which is for the owners personal gain .

Sit back by all means , stay away , back the team because protest will upset the apple cart .

But please don't tell me you really care and I mean really care , not you personally but as a bigger collective acido .

You don't .
    I don't think I do care enough to do anything but stay away.
    That's more to do with the fact that football in general has lost its appeal.
    It's embarrassing how the game has changed from a physical game played by men and supported by knowledgable, down to earth decent people. It's now a game played by soft cheats and officiated and run by corrupt clowns, and supported in the main by people that don't know the rules and have never played the game.
    They introduced VAR to bring an end to bad decisions, and stamp out diving and cheating but somehow they've managed to make things worse.
    There's so much money sloshing around in the top divisions that any average Premier League player could probably have bailed out Bury and Bolton. Mourinho has had about £100M in compensation handouts for failing miserably at Real Madrid, Man Utd & Chelsea (2nd time), and there's plenty more besides him.
    The FA did nothing to stop the Bury & Bolton situations happening, they didn't step in when Oyston was ruining Blackpool, and other clubs too many to mention have sailed dangerously close to the wind. They'll not help Barnsley that's for sure.
    Yet they're promoting women's football even though there's no market for it. 70,000+ at Wembley but most of them were schoolkids at £1 a ticket. There's rainbow bootlaces and corner flags, and they've managed to make racism popular again by pre-empting walkouts just in case it happens. Of course it's going to happen. When you tell half wits not to do something, they're going to do it.
    They preach morality then hold the World Cup in Russia, Korea, Qatar and China are odds on to get the next one.
    The rugby lads were running around covered in blood yet footballers have to leave the field and get changed if they get a nose bleed.
    They just played around a player laid out unconscious in the World Cup final, whereas I saw the ball kicked out of play this week because the ball hit a player on the back of the head from 30 yards away. Embarrassing.
    This season I've not watched one Champions League or Europa League game. I've not watched Match of the Day and usually only watch our game on EFL Goals.
    Apart from Roy Keane & Graeme Souness there's nobody that calls players out for cheating/diving. Half the free kicks & penalties given have been 'bought'. Players are being sent off for nothing. The game is as credible as Saturday afternoon wrestling with Mick McMaus & The Royal Brothers.

I don't think I do care enough to do anything but stay away.
    That's more to do with the fact that football in general has lost its appeal.
    It's embarrassing how the game has changed from a physical game played by men and supported by knowledgable, down to earth decent people. It's now a game played by soft cheats and officiated and run by corrupt clowns, and supported in the main by people that don't know the rules and have never played the game.
    They introduced VAR to bring an end to bad decisions, and stamp out diving and cheating but somehow they've managed to make things worse.
    There's so much money sloshing around in the top divisions that any average Premier League player could probably have bailed out Bury and Bolton. Mourinho has had about £100M in compensation handouts for failing miserably at Real Madrid, Man Utd & Chelsea (2nd time), and there's plenty more besides him.
    The FA did nothing to stop the Bury & Bolton situations happening, they didn't step in when Oyston was ruining Blackpool, and other clubs too many to mention have sailed dangerously close to the wind. They'll not help Barnsley that's for sure.
    Yet they're promoting women's football even though there's no market for it. 70,000+ at Wembley but most of them were schoolkids at £1 a ticket. There's rainbow bootlaces and corner flags, and they've managed to make racism popular again by pre-empting walkouts just in case it happens. Of course it's going to happen. When you tell half wits not to do something, they're going to do it.
    They preach morality then hold the World Cup in Russia, Korea, Qatar and China are odds on to get the next one.
    The rugby lads were running around covered in blood yet footballers have to leave the field and get changed if they get a nose bleed.
    They just played around a player laid out unconscious in the World Cup final, whereas I saw the ball kicked out of play this week because the ball hit a player on the back of the head from 30 yards away. Embarrassing.
    This season I've not watched one Champions League or Europa League game. I've not watched Match of the Day and usually only watch our game on EFL Goals.
    Apart from Roy Keane & Graeme Souness there's nobody that calls players out for cheating/diving. Half the free kicks & penalties given have been 'bought'. Players are being sent off for nothing. The game is as credible as Saturday afternoon wrestling with Mick McMaus & The Royal Brothers.
    Absolutely correct my sentiments entirely excellent post 👍👍👍

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456