+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Wood

Chris Wood

Signs new contract until 2023..Great news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50352478

It's good news in the sense that we are keeping hold of our player assets. If we can keep him from straying offside, it really will be bloody marvellous!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's good news in the sense that we are keeping hold of our player assets. If we can keep him from straying offside, it really will be bloody marvellous!
    We’ve missed him though BT , I’m a bit like you but we don’t look the same without him , against Chelsea Rodriguez looked lost to me did neither one thing or the other as a forward coming in from wide ( 2nd half was better but game had gone ).
    Maybe he just gives centre half’s enough to think about to allow Barnes that bit of freedom he needs.

Perhaps they should write it into his contract, players get win bonuses, appearance bonuses etc, give Chris an offside bonus, or more accurately an onside bonus, give him his basic salary but deduct £1k every time he's offside. It would work a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Perhaps they should write it into his contract, players get win bonuses, appearance bonuses etc, give Chris an offside bonus, or more accurately an onside bonus, give him his basic salary but deduct £1k every time he's offside. It would work a treat.
    Problem with that, sinkov, is that you are assuming that the AR gets it right every time, however, to be accurate we would have to utilise VAR for every decision so that we could be 100% certain that he was offside ---that will not happen ---remember Watford last season ---no VAR but he wasn't offside. YOu can't deduct money from a player's wages on a 'might have been'

He's running in the 3.00 Wincanton on Saturday..get your money on him.. At least he won't be offside,but could well fall at the first hurdle..

See my post above ,

Wood was un playable yesterday, fair play and hats off to him he was a real handful, I noticed we got no credit again it was the hammers who were Woefull not us who we were great.

I have played alongside twin centre halves who knew how to handle rugged centre forwards, but Wood and Barnes working in tandem are a bloody handful at any level.

I have played alongside twin centre halves who knew how to handle rugged centre forwards, but Wood and Barnes working in tandem are a bloody handful at any level.
    Aye BT, and I used to play full-back, I used to love playing against fancy Dan young wingers like McNeill, he'd have been in my pocket and no mistake.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)