+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T driving test question

Friend of mine was told, before you set off, lean across the examiner and check he’s shut the door correctly, it’ll show him you care about his safety.
    When he did it the examiner said “I’m quite capable of closing a car door Mr Kelly”

He failed!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Did my test in Northampton. Can't remember his name but as seems typical with most testing centres there was one examiner who everybody feared and I got him. Managed to pass 1st time despite stalling the car during the 3 point turn. Just remembered what I'd been told by my instructor, don't panic, hand brake on, put it in neutral, start car, check mirror and continue like nothing has happened. Completed a perfect 5 point turn. Still have the paper licence I got in 1983 as the new fangled ones came out after we moved out here.

Had to take a test in California, written one was 50 multiple choice questions where you had to get 45 right. I got something like 42 but they then told you the ones you got wrong and you had one chance to correct those answers Practical test was a doddle once the examiner saw I was driving a stick (manual) car. Mind you she was an extremely attractive young Latin lady wearing a very short skirt so it was hard to concentrate. Lasted less than 2 minutes (the test that is ).
    True, the one at Worksop was called Bovill I think. Big church goer. He did pass me though, despite me swearing when someone wouldn’t give way.

I’m not from Notts. For some reason us Dinnington lads went to Worksop for our tests.

My daughter was asked. Have you any disabilities?.
    She said.
    Maths.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    My daughter was asked. Have you any disabilities?.
    She said.
    Maths.
    “My dad” might have been a more accurate reply

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    “My dad” might have been a more accurate reply
    Best dad and grandad ever.
    Or so I am told 😁

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Best dad and grandad ever.
    Or so I am told 😁

I’m sure they’re right Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sota you mean Mr Harrison he was the t.wat
    Could've been mate. I wish that there were t.wats like him around today.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234