+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T driving test question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T driving test question

How have I passed my test first time .And had to taken it again. And passed it again first time?

You say ‘driving’ test so I assume this is a road vehicle.

This could be a multitude of things. Here’s one example: You pass your car test first time, get 6 or more points in first two years of passing so you automatically have to take your test again and pass first time. How did I do, or is this a crafty joke question?

Pass test in Rotherham.
    Emigrate.
    Pass test in new country.
    That's how I did it anyway :-)

Armed Forces driving Test.
    Civvie street driving Test.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Pass test in Rotherham.
    Emigrate.
    Pass test in new country.
    That's how I did it anyway :-)
    I did the same. Except in the US your driving licence inexplicably expires when your visa does which meant I had to re-take the driving test every year I went back (that I needed to drive the bus/tractor/car etc of the place I worked).

I got turned away from bars for invalid ID because I tried to use an expired licence, despairing at the fact that while the licence itself was expired my date of birth was still the same.

So I've passed first time quite a few times. Luckily in the US the test was free to take and is basically driving around the block so only took 5 minutes. You just paid for your licence if you passed too which I thought was odd, the test was all free.

As heard in Eastwood- "what's a driving test?"

I would think as it's crash and he posted on a Friday night
    Alcohol has to be involved somewhere.
    It obv wouldn't be drink driving.
    Hmmm. Pass test Friday. A few Shandy's to celebrate. Woke Sunday in a drunken stooper. Forgot he had took the test rebooked for the following Friday.
    Problem is we play the owls on the Saturday (we beat them 4.0) so expect a 3rd test..
    Close??

Thanks for adding that they were first time passes. You must be amazing at driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Thanks for adding that they were first time passes. You must be amazing at driving.
    Scum, not much chance of failing. 6 weeks intensive driving coarse, 8 hrs a day.
    plus weekend night driving.
    So If you fail after that lot .

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Scum, not much chance of failing. 6 weeks intensive driving coarse, 8 hrs a day.
    plus weekend night driving.
    So If you fail after that lot .
    Pfff, nowt good about that lot. I self taught to drive on private land, including reversing into coned bays, emergency breaking etc.
    Best place to stall a car at first without feeling embarrassed as you learnt to control the clutch and gears .
    When I felt confident I booked in with British School of Motoring (BSM) on Domine Lane so as to look like I had been using a reputable driving school when I arrived for my test at the Test Centre. I only took 7 lessons in Total passing first time. Harry my driving instructor thought I showed great ability, vision and the use of common sense on the road, which I have to say is sadly lacking on today's roads.

When I left the pit, I applied for the JACCS government retraining scheme and took my Class 1 Heavy Goods Licence, now the LGV Licence. 5 day course consisting of 4 hour lessons so obviously 20 hours in total. Took my test on the 6th day and passed this the first time. It's not what you're driving it's how you interpret the road and conditions and apply your driving skills accordingly.

When I think back, it was quite a surreal feeling from one day being a couple of miles underground driving a 30 ton LH1300 Road Header mining machine , to two weeks later driving a 44 tonne articulated Lorry and trailer heading for the beautiful drive through the Scottish glens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast