+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team selection

Team selection

That’s us more or less out of automatic promotion in my opinion.looks like our gaffer is copying the Robbie Neilson formation (1 up front).kane hemmings must be totally frustrated with having to drop back into midfield to get any type of service. I don’t understand why he plays nelson out wide when he is obviously a box type player.our performance was bordering on junior football level and is unacceptable.we crumbled after the first goal and could have been on the end of a bigger defeat.looks like a long season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    That’s us more or less out of automatic promotion in my opinion.looks like our gaffer is copying the Robbie Neilson formation (1 up front).kane hemmings must be totally frustrated with having to drop back into midfield to get any type of service. I don’t understand why he plays nelson out wide when he is obviously a box type player.our performance was bordering on junior football level and is unacceptable.we crumbled after the first goal and could have been on the end of a bigger defeat.looks like a long season ahead.
    Couple of things...

On above I agree compared to the ****e we looked hopeless.

The other teams though are no better than us and we now need to fight all year to ensure 2nd place and better playoff route.

On yesterday....I couldn’t believe McPakes mumbled description of the game, ****ing delusional. They could have scored 6.

On experienced heads at the Club....hope that at least one of them has a word with him soon!

The better team won and I think the experience of both managers showed. They had a game plan we just didn't want to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The better team won and I think the experience of both managers showed. They had a game plan we just didn't want to lose.
    Watching from afar but that was pretty dire.

I feel Mcpake has been up against from the start as he won the job in a process where there appeared to be no process.

But he did seem to be another idealist manager rather than a pragmatist, after that interview last night he seems to be neither if rather blind.

The playoff places (though can't see us going up thru them) at least keeps it interesting so I'd be in no rush to punt yet.

I was really impressed v Alloa and Aberdeen and spells in Partick game but there's a vulnerability there that shouldn't be with the experience we have in the team.

Oh and I hope i never hear again that Marshall isn't a miss, big player for us and was badly missed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Oh and I hope i never hear again that Marshall isn't a miss, big player for us and was badly missed last night.
    Marshall has been one of our most consistent players. Dont think Mackie fills his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Marshall has been one of our most consistent players. Dont think Mackie fills his boots.
    On last nights showing he shouldn’t even be polishing them. Basic basic mistakes 3 times in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Watching from afar but that was pretty dire.

I feel Mcpake has been up against from the start as he won the job in a process where there appeared to be no process.

But he did seem to be another idealist manager rather than a pragmatist, after that interview last night he seems to be neither if rather blind.

The playoff places (though can't see us going up thru them) at least keeps it interesting so I'd be in no rush to punt yet.

I was really impressed v Alloa and Aberdeen and spells in Partick game but there's a vulnerability there that shouldn't be with the experience we have in the team.

Until he realises we have good attacking players and plays them in proper positions we're going to struggle... don't think Hemmings touched the ball in their box last night...Nelson flogged a goal should've been sent off cause he's got him playing in the wrong half of the park... Johnson sits on the bench until we go behind...can he not see how bad the other teams in this league are?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)