+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butchers booking.

Quote Originally Posted by georgefoxposse1 View Post
    In my opinion was a well rehearsed manoeuvre by the management and team.

Immediately let them all know he was there. They focused on him as much as possible to get a second yellow. It also meant he had to concentrate on staying on his feet and seemed to help him play a little better. He only went to ground once more after that. Some of his footwork was really top class. Well done that man.
    Yes & No ..

If that was a pre-planned move by the player or manager then it worked out well in the end as he went on to have a good match as you rightly say but lets not kid ourselves it could have been a very different outcome because in my opinion that was or at least should have been a red card .

Had the ref sent him off with 88 minutes left on the clock as he probably should have done then nobody could have any complaints, the entire dynamic of the match would have changed and instead of praising the challenge as some masterstroke I'm pretty sure most people would have been condemning the guy for his stupidity and more than likely costing the team all 3 points .

All's well that ends well I guess .
    Last edited by DBDU; 11-11-2019 at 08:17 AM.

i didnt think it was red, thats not tangerine tinted glasses speaking either...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i didnt think it was red, thats not tangerine tinted glasses speaking either...
    If it had been the Dundee player on Butcher I'm pretty sure you would have ..

Lets be honest he has lunged in recklessly full blooded from behind right in front of the ref , caught the man very late with what could have been a real bad one , making no attempt for the ball whatsoever and nowhere near it , studs up and knowing exactly what he is doing .. If that's not a red then I'm not sure what is .

Nelson should have walked too for what was an even worse challenge but the ref was never going to send him off having only booked Butcher .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    If it had been the Dundee player on Butcher I'm pretty sure you would have ..

Lets be honest he has lunged in recklessly full blooded from behind right in front of the ref , caught the man very late with what could have been a real bad one , making no attempt for the ball whatsoever and nowhere near it , studs up and knowing exactly what he is doing .. If that's not a red then I'm not sure what is .

Nelson should have walked too for what was an even worse challenge but the ref was never going to send him off having only booked Butcher .
    McDaid's challenge was worse than both tbh and didn't get a card at all, commentators had **** all to say about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    McDaid's challenge was worse than both tbh and didn't get a card at all, commentators had **** all to say about it either.
    I disagree..
    Im with the commenattors and panel on this one .
    I thought it was a typical forwards challenge in that Yes it was mistimed and it was a Pk but I think he's tried to get the ball and at the time I actually thought he did get something on it whereas with Butcher & Nelson they both knew exactly what they were doing , there is clear intent to get the man rather than the ball both could hjave been really nasty ones and both for me were straight reds.

No way was Butcher's tackle a red card, it was a booking all day long. I also don't think there was any premeditation in it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Butch was outstanding. Bt along with nelson and Mcdade those challenges cld easily have been red cards. Loved the players coming over at the end and wee McMullen celebrations was priceless 😂
    I thought all 3 challenges were borderline and any other day any of the three could have been red. But allowing for the heat of a derby maybes yellows were correct.(know McDaid never got one)

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I disagree..
    Im with the commenattors and panel on this one .
    I thought it was a typical forwards challenge in that Yes it was mistimed and it was a Pk but I think he's tried to get the ball and at the time I actually thought he did get something on it whereas with Butcher & Nelson they both knew exactly what they were doing , there is clear intent to get the man rather than the ball both could hjave been really nasty ones and both for me were straight reds.
    Despite the fact he went with both feet and studs up you mean? Aye right

Just watched the tackle by McDaid for the pen on the news there and definitely a penalty but not even deserving of a yellow imo. He slipped.

More important tag what happens with Shankland (as we know he will be away in summer or the following January max) is getting Butcher signed up, he is the kind of player that will lead us into the prem and see us kick on, guys you can build stability around, he has all the attributes we need... It's what saw us successful in the Levein/Houston years

He is a key player, our best along with Lawrence imo, really concerning to think his deal only runs until summer, that's pretty poor from the club to not have that sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Just watched the tackle by McDaid for the pen on the news there and definitely a penalty but not even deserving of a yellow imo. He slipped.
    He slipped with both feet together then, sorry but in that case Butcher slipped too

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    He slipped with both feet together then, sorry but in that case Butcher slipped too
    I've not seen the Butcher or Nelson ones so can't comment on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12