+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butchers booking.

McDud should have seen a red for the two footed lunge that gave away the penalty, easily the worst of the three.

Fecking Love Butcher. He is such an important part of our team, the hard man midfielder weve been looking for years. Hard as nails, brilliant in the air, very mobile and a true leader IMO. Now that it looks like weve found the best partner to play alongside Reynolds hopefully we see Butcher in our midfield most of the time now. He is our best centre back but he is needed in midfield. Not keen on Connolly or Brown.

His tackle was silly though, Gollum would have had that red card out quicker than the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by bannon_ftd_83; 10-11-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Pretty sure Butcher is out of contract this summer along with Clark, Watson, Sow, Stanton, Banks, Matty Smith and Wardrop.

Cammy Smith and Harkes are until January 2021 so they can sign pre-contracts elsewhere in summer.

This phase of games (starting with last night’s) is absolutely critical for not just winning the division but also planning ahead. Following yesterday’s results, we have a fantastic chance to really push on now. If (and I mean IF) we can now get ourselves into a really strong position at the top moving into the January transfer window then we can really plan ahead for likely promotion with our dealings as regards comings in and who to look to keep /extend with Premiership football in mind. Such planning ahead should give us the best chance of actually surviving post promotion. But, and I cannot over emphasise BUT, that strategy has to be earned over the next few weeks - we blew a great chance to move away against Alloa and then QOS. We simply can’t let it slip away this time.

Butch was outstanding. Bt along with nelson and Mcdade those challenges cld easily have been red cards. Loved the players coming over at the end and wee McMullen celebrations was priceless 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Pretty sure Butcher is out of contract this summer along with Clark, Watson, Sow, Stanton, Banks, Matty Smith and Wardrop.

Cammy Smith and Harkes are until January 2021 so they can sign pre-contracts elsewhere in summer.
    Out of that lot though there aint many i would keep for the Prem, should be gain promotion that is...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Out of that lot though there aint many i would keep for the Prem, should be gain promotion that is...
    Agreed, Clark and Watson have a chance right now to change that opinion now but i think they would need a great run right up to the end of the season to merit it and not just the odd good performance. Even with recent form improvements I dont see them moving up a level.

With Butcher, I would have thought his expiry date would be next January

Think Butcher signed for a year and a half last January.

We need to get him tied up ASAP, he is the type that McInnes will try and nab from us

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    he is the type that McInnes will try and nab from us
    100%. Them or Hearts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)