+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toon man of the match

I am with you on this. Almiron gives his all, causes issues and runs the length of the pitch. He was unlucky that his shot hit the Saint. Most said the same about Perez until he came good so patience needed. As long as we are scoring no issues from me. In fact you can argue that the front 3 create the chances for the defenders as the opposition are too busy trying to cope with them!

I dont think we are getting from Almiron what we bought him for.To make assists and score a few goals.
    What we are getting though is a side to his game I didn't expect.He gets up and down well and does the defensive work well.He is a team player and you can see he cares and loves it here.
    If he calms down a bit he might get the goals we want.He runs fast but when he gets in the final third he doesnt slow down a bit and have a look.He is still fairly young though so I wont write him off just yet.

It's exactly 1 year since almiron scored a club goal

And it's even more than a year for an assist in club football

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    It's exactly 1 year since almiron scored a club goal
    They even gave him a penalty to take in the pre-season friendly

Yeah you guessed he missed

To be honest on this occassion i agree with Ghost.

Miggy despite not scoring is good for the team because he causes havoc and he's willing to come back and help out, plus he seems to have a great attitude.

I still maintain, he scores and he'll hit a purple patch.

Who plays instead of Almiron?.Hope nobody says Atsu as he has been slated on here before and besides one or 2 good games is shėte in my opinion.
    As for goals,the finger should be pointed at Joelinton long before its pointed at Almiron.Although it is disappointing he hasnt scored yet.

If the team is winning and his head doesn´t drop, I don´t care if he scores or not.

Not much gets me excited about the club these days. But I will be looking forward to the day when Almiron finally gets his first goal. It will be a passionate moment of redemption I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Not much gets me excited about the club these days. But I will be looking forward to the day when Almiron finally gets his first goal. It will be a passionate moment of redemption I'm sure.
    There's plenty to get excited about if you cut out the stuff that shouldn't really be interesting you and concentrate on the football that does interest you as a Newcastle United fan.

We've got some exciting players and a manager that's trying to get them to play to their strengths (like him or not).
    It's looking a bit better each time.
    Saint Max is a joy to watch.
    Willems has pace and is technically decent, not to mention two good feet and a decent shot on him.

Almiron the Duracell. The opposition defenders nightmare and the opposition midfielders irritant and also the opposition attackers
    sneak thief. The lad has everything required to come good with his own end products of assists and goals.

Shelvey a potential new lease of life.
    The Longstaff brothers.

A whole squad that looks like they want to die for each other.

A lot of players proving themselves and some not quite getting the rub of the green (Joelinton).

A mass of defensive riches and a new top quality signing in LeJeune .

There's a hell of a lot to look forward to and get excited about and you don't need to be looking at Europe, etc to enjoy it...but it would be nice to hope for, in time.

The man behind the curtain will do what the man behind the curtain does...and you nor anyone else will make that man do something he does not want to do....and he only has a bearing on your enjoyment when he refuses to put players onto that pitch.
    He's clearly allowing that which means you have a football club to be a fan of and support.

If the group of players are happy then the club can't be all that badly run.

I've been told, I don't know how many times about the Bournemouth's and Brighton's and any other club that suits that they're better because they invest.
    It's simply not a reality.

We can all get down. I haven't enjoyed the football many a time. I've hated it at times and under Bruce not just others.

But I can honestly say I've enjoyed the football of late with Bruce and have been excited.
    This is what counts. It's the now.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 11-11-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)