+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we, or should we sell McNeil?

Will we, or should we sell McNeil?

I can't see us holding this kid back. £35 million about right?

Attachment 14285

What do you think?

Not enough imho. Especially if Man Utd want him back.

I can't see how we can possibly keep hold of him outwood. He is miles too good for us.

No. we should most certainly not sell him, not yet anyway. Do we want to survive at this level or not, if we are serious about the PL we hang onto him for as long as possible, and at least until summer.

We should keep him and add better players around him, but knowing BFC, if the right sound of £ notes is heard he'll be gone in a flash.

Various things to consider.The attitude of the player himself and no doubt,in this day and age,his Agent.Also what is the length of his contract.

Assuming the boy is ambitious he will have to leave,but I would certainly not sell him in January.The longer he keeps playing and improving then his price will only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can't see us holding this kid back. £35 million about right?

Attachment 14285

What do you think?
    I think we should hold on as long as we can tbh, all creativity goes out of the window if he goes and we all know Dyche won't get all the funds.

This kid is the real deal with a wand of a left peg , the ball for Woods header is a forwards dream.

Reality is We won't be able to keep him i don't think for much longer as the interest has already started and yesterday's performance will have pushed it on again.

At 19 years he's certainly got an older head on his shoulders, I'm surprised that Spurs haven't looked or been linked tbh as he looks like a spurs style player to me

He looks to me like he could easily play centre midfield too. I'm scratching my head to think of any better prospects as ****agers for the Clarets. Only Dave Thomas, Martin Dobson, Leighton James and Trevor Steven spring readily to mind. He really is this good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I can't see how we can possibly keep hold of him outwood. He is miles too good for us.
    Sean thinks he will outgrow the club and then we will sell him. But I would rather it was a way off yet and I think we should demand the best possible transfer fee. A bidding war amongst the interested clubs would help drive up the selling price. McNeil may fancy a return to Manchester United. He is a Reds fan I believe and may want to show them the error of their ways in letting him go at 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We should keep him and add better players around him, but knowing BFC, if the right sound of £ notes is heard he'll be gone in a flash.
    Spot on Alto,but this is Burnley we are talking about .. So he will be sold and nobody bought with the proceedings..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)