+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T What is this world coming to?

But it’s not really a big stretch to say ‘everybody’ or something instead is it? No one really loses out, and it’s basically about good manners to try and include everyone who might be there. ‘Each to their own’ means using catchall terms doesn’t it..?

There are difficult controversial big issues around trans issues eg prisons, sporting competitions (though arguably the coverage it all gets is disproportionate to the effect it has on most people) and I can’t begin to understand what it feels like to want to change gender. But I know that some people do and can’t really see who loses in this case...if there wasn’t a news story about it you probably wouldn’t even think about it.

Was it Adam & Eve or Amanda & Steve.

Same with the woman that’s decided we shouldn’t clap because it might cause anxiety in people

Silent claps all round then

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Same with the woman that’s decided we shouldn’t clap because it might cause anxiety in people

Silent claps all round then
    Silent Clap, now there's a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Was it Adam & Eve or Amanda & Steve.
    I very much doubt it was either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I'm coming back on this......

Can you imagine Xmas Panto season.....

Instead of the jovial friendly greeting of 'Ladies, Gentlemen, Boys and Girls', instead we'll have 'People'.

How cold and robotic does that sound?
    The irony of course is that panto requires an acceptance of non-binary and trans gender subtleties to enjoy it in the first place:

Prince Charming is usually played by a woman.

Widow T****y and The Ugly Sisters are invariably men.

Buttons personifies gayness

Don't get me started on Peter Pan!

The list goes on and on.

If we now have to shout out "The person identifying as a male's behind you!", it's going lose some of its unspoken magic...
    Last edited by CTMilller; 10-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    But it’s not really a big stretch to say ‘everybody’ or something instead is it? No one really loses out, and it’s basically about good manners to try and include everyone who might be there. ‘Each to their own’ means using catchall terms doesn’t it..?

There are difficult controversial big issues around trans issues eg prisons, sporting competitions (though arguably the coverage it all gets is disproportionate to the effect it has on most people) and I can’t begin to understand what it feels like to want to change gender. But I know that some people do and can’t really see who loses in this case...if there wasn’t a news story about it you probably wouldn’t even think about it.
    'But it’s not really a big stretch to say ‘everybody’ or something instead is it? ' Yes it is.

What they are wanting is to have stripped away not just a few but 100's of years of how society have been greeted attending theatres and Xmas Pantos etc just so it suits their gender, pardon the pun, as they don't know what gender they want. It depends on how they wake up or what day of the week it is to some.

There is the grandeur of dressing to attend functions such as the theatre, or feeling resplendent only to be addressed to as a person because some screaming wannabe doesn't like to be addressed as a Lady or a Gent.

Look luvvies are luvvies, they crave attention no matter what vehicle they choose

Even Gandalf the Grey became Gandalf the Gay

Grist, what did you make of the Teletubbies carrying handbags? Was Tinky Winky gay or just confused with his/her gender?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, what did you make of the Teletubbies carrying handbags? Was Tinky Winky gay or just confused with his/her gender?
    Possibly, hard to tell, but George in Rainbow seemed to be flying the rainbow banner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast