+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It's a case of the unknown.
    It's great thinking he will be the new Ripley or duff but we just have to trust that he isn't ready or good enough for the step up.
    For all we know he could be like the majority of players we have and that's largely inconsistent.
    Robin - given what we've seen over the last few years, "Largely Inconsistent" should replace "Arte Et Labore" as the club's motto.
    (God knows what the Latin for that is! Actually, I've just Googled it. It's "Late Repugnans" - sound more like a description of Neil Warnock to me).

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Heard another very damming report from tje Under 23's game the other night. We played Boro away and where shocking on the 1st half.
    Brereton was shocking. But it was his first game back, so we'll need to give him some time. But Harry was taken off at HT as he was woeful 1st half. Not tracking back to help his full back, and just looked devoid of any confidence. Head down, not effective in any way. He had been, last month, in good form for the U23's. But again, looks uninterested & unconfident. We made a big effort and paid money for this lad,and I do just wonder what's happening with him.
    After getting him off, we went on to win 3-1.
    Another point, especially looking at Chelsea yesterday. A young inexperienced manager taking on the most experienced in Hodgson, and completely out classing him tactically. How his young side, who have something to prove, and want to improve completely outplayed their experienced opposition.
    Would Rankin Costello be making more mistakes than Bennett? Who makes numerous every match and costs us a goal most games.
    Would Butterworth or Vale have less impact than Armstrong or Graham when both are doing what they do most weeks this season.? I like Gallagher up front. But to be playing him up top on his own is criminal. It's Nov now, why hasn't TM seen that it's simply not working.
    The young lad needs help.
    Dack is either choosing to drop back a d be completely ineffective. Or he's being told to. Worrying he starts every game though. Again, it's Nov, it's not working. We need to change this system. And that's where I think the real problem is. We haven't got another way. Personally I wouldn't play Dack next game. Holtby is better, play him instead. And play a striker up front with SG. Not Armstrong, not Graham. Going back to him every week is killing us. As is playing Downing. He did nothing last week. But walks in yesterday. I don't particularly like Rothwell. But to not play him after last week is just unfair.
    But I'm looking at these young lads, Rankin Costello, Buckley, Butterworh, Vale and I'm unsure they would be doing any worse. The experienced ones at our club are holding us back massively.
    Kiss of death for Dack and Downing.....keep up the good work. Dack 2 and Downing 1 against Barnsley. Who will you criticise next ?

I had great hopes of Chapman - especially as an impact sub. - and, of course, Mowbray did too.
    I'm not sure we'll ever hear the full story of where it's gone wrong.
    We were very poor in midfield against Barnsley, but Dack (who didn't, actually have a particularly good game, overall) bailed us out with his instincts.
    I tend to be cautious by nature, and if I was picking the team against Brentford, I might go for:
    Walton (with extra glue on his gloves)
    Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Downing
    Bennett Travis Evans Holtby
    Dack Graham/Gallagher.

In that No.9 position, I reckon TM has to bite the bullet. Either Gallagher is a centre-forward or he's not. Give him six games in that shirt and let's see. If, Mowbray, on the other doesn't believe he yet has the attributes for that position, he should be realistic and drop him altogether - reverting to the tried and tested DG.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Kiss of death for Dack and Downing.....keep up the good work. Dack 2 and Downing 1 against Barnsley. Who will you criticise next ?
    Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I had great hopes of Chapman - especially as an impact sub. - and, of course, Mowbray did too.
    I'm not sure we'll ever hear the full story of where it's gone wrong.
    We were very poor in midfield against Barnsley, but Dack (who didn't, actually have a particularly good game, overall) bailed us out with his instincts.
    I tend to be cautious by nature, and if I was picking the team against Brentford, I might go for:
    Walton (with extra glue on his gloves)
    Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Downing
    Bennett Travis Evans Holtby
    Dack Graham/Gallagher.

In that No.9 position, I reckon TM has to bite the bullet. Either Gallagher is a centre-forward or he's not. Give him six games in that shirt and let's see. If, Mowbray, on the other doesn't believe he yet has the attributes for that position, he should be realistic and drop him altogether - reverting to the tried and tested DG.
    I thought Dack was poor. But scored 2 goals which got us 3 points. Such is football at times. Both scruffy. The 2nd, he should've burried the first header.
    Downing scored and did nothing else. That's a pretty fair assememt.

Quote Originally Posted by test View Post
    Dack was having a far bigger impact on games last season. While he got 2 today he's a the bottom of the league, I still didn't feel he played well. I'll take 2 goals of course. But that doesn't happen every week or nearly enough this season. That's been half the problem. It's not all down to him. I think it's the system.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Dack was having a far bigger impact on games last season. While he got 2 today he's a the bottom of the league, I still didn't feel he played well. I'll take 2 goals of course. But that doesn't happen every week or nearly enough this season. That's been half the problem. It's not all down to him. I think it's the system.
    To some extent, possibly, but we have missed a high percentage of half-chances. Those are often what make the difference across a season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)