+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Barrow FC 16.11.19

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    This could be tougher than some think. Barrow have won 9 of the last 10 fixtures. It’s a proper test of our credentials. A positive result would set us up nicely for the next few fixtures.
    I think you're right. This could well be the toughest test of this squad to date this season. Fingers crossed we turn up and are on it from the first whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    This could be tougher than some think. Barrow have won 9 of the last 10 fixtures. It’s a proper test of our credentials. A positive result would set us up nicely for the next few fixtures.
    This will be a proper test of how our defenders can cope with a confident team that's on a winning run. Quite a few posters and footie "experts" are saying how we ought to be playing better than we are doing and why, with the players we have, are we underperforming? Last week going 2 down to Hartlepool before recovering shows just how vulnerable and unreliable our defence is, not can be, IS.

Nice chap and thorough though he seems to be, Ardley also seems incapable of injecting a "kill the b@stards off" mentality among this fragile group. Yellow and red cards received are not a badge of honour, or toughness, if you like, they show misdirected aggression, clumsiness and panic, not dominance.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 14-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.

If this rain continues the game will be off.....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If this rain continues the game will be off.....
    I was going to ask about the weather. Sounds like heavy rain all day today, with the water table already high enough to cause flooding. It looks pretty doubtful.

Wheelbarrow boys 1
    Barrow boys 1

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    This will be a proper test of how our defenders can cope with a confident team that's on a winning run. Quite a few posters and footie "experts" are saying how we ought to be playing better than we are doing and why, with the players we have, are we underperforming? Last week going 2 down to Hartlepool before recovering shows just how vulnerable and unreliable our defence is, not can be, IS.

Nice chap and thorough though he seems to be, Ardley also seems incapable of injecting a "kill the b@stards off" mentality among this fragile group. Yellow and red cards received are not a badge of honour, or toughness, if you like, they show misdirected aggression, clumsiness and panic, not dominance.
    I understand your caution and I fully agree that Barrow will be a very stern test on saturday (if it is on). A few facts worth considering before we go into this game;

We have the joint best defence in the league alongside Solihull. Barrow are 9th.
    We have the 4th best attack in the league. Barrow are 2nd.
    We have the best goal difference in the league. Barrow have the 3rd best.
    We have a points average of 2.13 per game for the last 8 matches. Barrow have 2.63 per game for last 8.
    We are 17th in the fair play table. Barrow are 4th.

All depends which Notts County turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I understand your caution and I fully agree that Barrow will be a very stern test on saturday (if it is on). A few facts worth considering before we go into this game;

We have the joint best defence in the league alongside Solihull. Barrow are 9th.
    We have the 4th best attack in the league. Barrow are 2nd.
    We have the best goal difference in the league. Barrow have the 3rd best.
    We have a points average of 2.13 per game for the last 8 matches. Barrow have 2.63 per game for last 8.
    We are 17th in the fair play table. Barrow are 4th.

All depends which Notts County turn up!
    All your points are correct ncfcog, I was merely pointing out how easily we can be walked through by a determined team. Luckily there aren't many in this league or they wouldn't be in this league.

Notts 1-1 Barrow
    Thomas
    5123 (I hear Barrow are bringing a massive following of over 200)

Notts 2 - 1 Barrow (Wooton, Thomas)

Att: 5,100

Wheel beat Barrow 2-0.

Wooters 2.

Attn: 5,276.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast