+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would an apology

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Seems to be more of a lack of understanding of English football culture and the part/role played by a football club towards its town, and its people. I’m presuming that these are largely American owners or at least American based business people who have a capitalist consumerist view of the world and understand more about franchises than a sense of permanence, history and belonging.

Terms like “ understand our feelings”, “ give us an apology” will be alien to them.

I suspect even Middle Eastern Arab owners understand the importance of English football history and culture to the fans and supporters, better than them

They’ve got you in a double bind where the only thing that might affect them is by fans stopping attending matches ie.hit them in the pocket, against the nature of football fandom which forces you to go to games and invest in the club because you’re not merely clients or customers but fans whose health and well-being depends on it.

Thatcher managed to “ close a pit and kill a village” looks like these monsters are cut from the same hue
    Well said Wardy & I didn't think I'd ever say that
    When it comes to supporting our clubs we're all cut from the same cloth
    Not understood by these franchise people

I don’t even watch highlights of the games now, Just can’t be bothered! Lost all interest in them.
    Once I hear they have put us up for sale I will hopefully regain some passion? I agree with Hodger I wouldn’t trust this lot if the begged for forgiveness on bended knees.

So all the years wiv all gone , now count for nothing ? It's shameful what's happening now , there's no winners in all this , just a large chunk of disrespect from the greedy gang , fkem

We all have ideas of what we could or couldn’t do, arranging protests and walking out etc and I see both sides of the argument of would it or wouldn’t it have any effect?
    I think it will take hold naturally! It started briefly against Bristol City but when we got a goal it stopped, however unrest will start to gain momentum as the bad results combined with the boards silence continue! We are if nothing very passionate about the club and come the end of the January transfer window and they have brought in a couple of unknown 18 year old defenders to sort out the teams poor rearguard you will see how quickly everyone turns nasty towards the club!

If they need until January to respond they also need specsavers or Sheffield eye hospital. I’ve said very little about our situation but I attended my first game for my birthday 12/10/1968. It was 0-0 v walsall. I was hooked from then on. I had the privilege to play representative football for Barnsley at U11,14,15 and 18. I’ve seen some shyte, worked at the strike centre paying benefits to the miners in our town after thatcher fecked us and other communities like ours. I used to have pride in Barnsley. She tore our community apart but we always had spirit and at the heart of it was our football team. And now I feel like Roma, animal and SB my pride has gone my weekends are occupied by things other than football. I don’t care if we become fc united of Barnsley in the old Nelson league just give us our club back and our pride and feck off to New York or hell I don’t care. And finally a request to Barnsley council do not let the charlatans gain control of any land in Barnsley. Obstruct them until they leave. I read the posts on bbs and some of them astound me, what are they thinking? You cannot and should not support this ownership. Bedtime now I’m old and had a wine or two.

That time I spoke to Mr Conway at the station after the Leeds game.....if I had the chance to do the same now I might just sit next to him and start up a conversation pretending I'd no idea who he was. I could be the nutter on the train. I'd tell him I'd just been to a football match that I'd been looking forward to for a fortnight. How I'd been working hard all week and how I have to travel all that way using my limited free time. I could say why I do this, why we all do it, how much it means to us and how desperate we all feel right now because it is embarrassing to be a Barnsley fan and we have no hope anymore.

Don't lower yersen Linz, he's obviously not worth the time of day

Perky. It doesn't matter what happens in January. The team will be down by then. Whose going to sign for relegation fodder?

I think most of us Reds get what they are trying to do , " fleece the club " they need to think seriously about what us fans may do , it's not all about them , hit them weer it really hurts , give them nothing again , see how they like it ,

Business people don't ordinarily apologise for business decisions.

Also, I don't need them to apologise for me to support my team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast