+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How was that not a penalty?

How was that not a penalty?

Alexander-Arnold sticks out a hand, it strikes his hand, no penalty. Obvious penalty. VAR strikes again! It's a complete waste of time.

Because it was Liverpool at home! Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Alexander-Arnold sticks out a hand, it strikes his hand, no penalty. Obvious penalty. VAR strikes again! It's a complete waste of time.
    Tbf it hit Silva's hand then ricocheted onto TAA's hand. Play should've been stopped and a free kick awarded to the bin dippers.

That shove on Sterling's back by Mane was a pen. VAR reviewed it and didn't give it. I can't help thinking that VAR just provides another layer of ref ineptitude or bias. Paul Tierney is the VAR official for today's match.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    VAR is supposed to be there for the clear and obvious error. Was that clear and obvious? I don't think so, the ball hit his arm but it was in a natural position. I've seen them given, but I've also not seen them given too. The Sheff Utd goal that was chalked off yesterday was a shocker. That decision took almost 4 minutes to decide using video replays... how can that be clear and obvious?

There has to be some leeway given to the ref's on-field decision. Much like in cricket when you have 'umpires call'. Was it a clear and obvious error by the ref or linesman?

VAR should be used when someone scores who is 5 yards off side and the lino doesn't flag. Or when someone is chopped down when they're clear through on goal and the ref misses it. Not to take 4 minutes to decide whether someones fingernail was offside. Its ruining the game.
    Last edited by WBA123; 10-11-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Surely the worst decision on the weekend was the Sheff United player who’s big toe was offside when he received the ball before putting in a cross. Just ridiculous.

I even got a phone call from my Spurs supporting brother immediately after the decision to say the game is a total farce and VAR is ruining the game. That from a Spurs fan not a Blades fan.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)