+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Games

Remaining Games

The rest of our games in 2019. I have put beside each one the number of points we might reasonably expect. Significantly fewer than 15, and I think TM would find it difficult to defend his position with the owners at the start of the new window.

Barnsley (H) - 3
    Brentford (H) - 1
    Stoke (A) - 1
    Derby (H) - 3
    Swansea (A) - 0
    Bristol City (A) - 0
    Wigan (H) – 3
    Birmingham (H) - 3
    Huddersfield (A) – 1
    TOTAL: 15.

To be honest, I suspect that if we lose to Barnsley, TM's departure might be sooner, rather than later.

All the same, I don't go for the end-of-the-world scenario. If the games on the weekend after the break go with form, the four teams above us could all easily lose. If we do beat Barnsley, we would move up to 14th in that scenario!
    Obviously, predictions like that are futile, but my point is that things can change very quickly in the Championship.
    QPR and Charlton had very good runs, but have both now gone four game without a win.
    We outplayed Reading, and they have just taken 10 points out of 12.
    This unpredictability is the main reason I tend to steer clear of both gloom and counting my chickens!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 10-11-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Anything less than 3 points against Barnsley will probably result in the end for Tony mowbray.
    Had we not beaten Sheffield Wednesday then I am sure it would of been over for him yesterday.
    The Barnsley game even at this early stage of the season,takes the on the saying of a 6 pointer.

Another thing
    We have lenihan back after the international break.
    I would be inclined to play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.
    We need defensive security at the moment over trying to be gun ho.
    A few 1-0 wins would do us the power of good in what has been largely a poor period for us.

Just concerned how many mangers out there would take this job. And how many will be available once it does get to the point we need someone. Another of the good ones has gone to Stoke. Warnock leaving Cardiff will mean they get someone in. Who would be around our level. Now I get why Hughton has been quiet, he will be just biding his time to step into the Soutampton job. I can also see Boro changing managers soon aswell. Bit hopefully that means Downing goes back as a coach. Possibly with Mowbray? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Another thing
    We have lenihan back after the international break.
    I would be inclined to play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.
    We need defensive security at the moment over trying to be gun ho.
    A few 1-0 wins would do us the power of good in what has been largely a poor period for us.
    Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Couldn't agree more!
    Me too.
    I think we are in a minority, though.
    Before Saturday's game, lots of supporters were calling for "attack, attack, attack!" - as if there was a realistic possibility of us winning 4-3.
    Seriously - with the current toothlessness of our forwards?
    Personally, I always thought nil-nil was a much more likely scenario, if we were going to get anything out of the game at all!
    Robin, I take it you are thinking of Tosin, Lenihan and Williams as the back three.
    What about the wing-backs?
    I suppose it's two from Nyambe, Bennett, Bell, Downing and Rankin-Costello.
    The flaw is, I have no idea about the best choices for the front two at the moment.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 11-11-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Me too.
    I think we are in a minority, though.
    Before Saturday's game, lots of supporters were calling for "attack, attack, attack!" - as if there was a realistic possibility of us winning 4-3.
    Seriously - with the current toothlessness of our forwards?
    Personally, I always thought nil-nil was a much more likely scenario, if we were going to get anything out of the game at all!
    Robin, I take it you are thinking of Tosin, Lenihan and Williams as the back three.
    What about the wing-backs?
    I suppose it's two from Nyambe, Bennett, Bell, Downing and Rankin-Costello.
    The flaw is, I have no idea about the best choices for the front two at the moment.
    Leeds have struggled all season on breaking teams down. If you go to Elland road and set up with 2 solid banks of 4 and 5 they will struggle to get behind. Injuries severely prohibit us from playing our best defence, but there was nothing stoppingus from going there to get a point, which would have been useful.
    Downing who had been really poor vrs Sheff Wed was playing for some reason. But the forwards get blamed for beinh toothless? Don't keep playing Graham, don't keep playing SG up front on his own. Its not that complicated. If Dack ision poor form, drop him. Don't keep playing Downing every week, as we are going nowhere with him. Dont keep playing Bennett, as he was marking Nyambe for the winning goal.
    Its ok bemoaning luck, just set up in a way that gives us a chance of getting something. Keep making the same mistakes every week, expect the same results.
    Itys pretty simple with the front 2, play another forward with SG. Give it a go.
    We should have changed to 3-5-2 about 2 months ago. But we are not flexible. We are rigidly set up, half the team is already picked regardless of form and the system is wrong, not working and is a problem.
    Luck, injuries thats out of our control. Playing old, out of form players such as Graham, Bennett and Downing every week is in our own control. If we where playing well, bad luck and injuries would be sidelined. You only every get those things when everything else is going wrong.

We need to get back to basics and get some clean sheets.
    Nothing more important at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    We need to get back to basics and get some clean sheets.
    Nothing more important at the moment.
    We have Lenihan back by the Barnsley game. And that will help with that.
    The one similarity from last seasons bad run, and this seasons, Lenihan being out injured for a spell. We always miss him.

Champs - Downing has made the second highest total in the Championship of what the stats people call "successful key passes".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)