+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rekeem Harper

Rekeem Harper

What has happened to this guy? He signed a new three year contract last summer so assume he’s still with the Albion. Is he out on loan? Was a terrific player for much of last season and clubs were supposed to be queuing up for him. Now he’s disappeared without trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    What has happened to this guy? He signed a new three year contract last summer so assume he’s still with the Albion. Is he out on loan? Was a terrific player for much of last season and clubs were supposed to be queuing up for him. Now he’s disappeared without trace.
    Rekeem has regularly been one of the 2 holding players in the U23 side which I believe makes him the ideal player to replace one of Livermore/Sawyers in the Sheff Wed game when both are banned.

Too good a player to be frozen out of the squad but he needs to take his chance to remind everyone of that.

If he upped his work rate he could be an outstanding player. An obvious talent on the ball but doesn't do enough off the ball for me at the moment.

I’m not sure that we need Harper strolling around like he owns the place.

I’ll be honest and admit that I’d forgotten he was still with us........that’s how much his input has been missed.

Bilic is no fool,he knows a player when he sees one hence the likes of Ferguson playing and if he was happy with Harper he’d have been in or close to the first team this season.

I never failed to be amazed at players who don’t understand the need for work rate and especially midfielders.

If you’re not willing to cover the ground and do the constantly hard yards then you’re in the wrong job!

Well due to the two suspensions...somebody is going to be given a rare chance with this manager...I do hope they are motivated because this manager is not going to break his winning side other wise....
    They had better be ready!

Why do we have a problem with players who aren't used? Not everyone can get in the match day squad, and Slav is no mug, he knows what he sees and if he doesn't want Harper at the moment he will have his reasons.

Watching Harper last season I felt that if he decided to leave for another club it would have been no great loss. When he signed a new contract with us I was underwhelmed to be honest and I would certainly be more disappointed if Ferguson does not sign a new contract.

A lot of it may largely be paper talk but could somebody provide me with a reliable lowdown on the situations regarding Harper, Ferguson and any body else. Also the sitaution with regard to the youngster apparently being eyed by others. I have read the above comments and really thought that Harper was more highly thought of. As far I am concerned it is all very quiet.

Harper is highly thought of Q165, but he isnt going to get into the current match day squad at present. Long season though.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Harper is highly thought of Q165, but he isnt going to get into the current match day squad at present. Long season though.
    There are two first team players suspended for the next game at home to Sheffield Wed......these are the opportunities that come around in a long season.....somebody gets drafted into the starting squad and may come on for twenty minutes in the game...
    The issue is that none starting eleven players seem to be...they are not motivated to take a chance when it presents itself today.
    Perhaps they no longer have the hunger to play the game......it is why many talented players end up moving careers by the end of their academy days....laziness, like skill has to be worked at......

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)