+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR. any fans?

Here's a mad idea. Why not just get better trained refs and make them more accountable for their decisions. As we all know referee standards have dropped dramatically over the last few years part of the reason is that they are allowed to carry on being crap eg kettle. I know refs are assessed but nowt ever happens when they are crap. Why not have stricter assessors and weed out crap refs so eventually you will have sort of super refs. That is not tosay occasionally they still won't get it wrong being human and all that but at least we can have games that flow. In saying that games should still be scrutinised with a focus on refs performance. Maybe if it is found after that the ref has dropped a ******* you dock his pay or give him some sort of warning. The other thing you could do is post match award the team who has been the unfortunate recipient of the refs crapness some sort of compensation depending on the nature of the balls up or how serious the balls up for the suffering team. I am not advocating changing the result but say a team wins 1-0 to a debatable pen let the result stand but post game give a point back to the losing side. Arguably you could also change the result after the game as well. So to sum up letsjust train up super refs who are accountable and let the chuffin game flow.

Pay em well by all means if they are doing the job reight but hit them in the pocket if they are toss.

Refs and var are applying the rules as there written and fans are still blaming them for enforcing it.
    Anyone got a more sensible solution other than its crap, scrap it?

Heres a novel idea Rolly. Give it a chance. DRS and the review system in rugby were hopeless at first. The sport and its supporters stuck with it and now the games are bette for it.

Refs arent as bad as many try to make out. The game is much quicker that make it harder. There are players in every team at every level trying to cheat / con refs.

Supporters from the losing team always blame the ref (read theses boards on a Sat evening).

We need to get to point where the system works with officials. We are some way ofc that. But, I doubt the current system will be how it is in 2 years time.

Not so much a decline in Ref standards, more that the game is more cynical. Players allowed to get away with murder by the governing bodies. It's all about winning now. That's were your entertainment has game. Not the poor bloke in the middle.

I'd like to see it gone. I have been told that the Referees are getting together during the international break to speak about the problems and the main agenda oint will be the use of the pitch side monitors.

I would like to see Referees give post match interviews and if the want to critisise managers and players then so be it. How good would it be?

" Yeah i should have spotted that handball but it happened quickly. But maybe ssouthampton should stop leaking so many goals at home. Ask them why the keeper doesn't catch any crosses and that penalty miss was a joke."

"What do you mean the rotherham fans were not happy? Was there any there? I couldn't hear them."

Maybe the players, fans and managers would stop slagging refs off if they got some back.

What was the main reason for the introduction of VAR and if it is meant to be so beneficial, why isn't it being employed at all levels of the professional game?
    I'm guessing the REAL answer to both parts of the question is the same..............money 😡.
    I hate VAR with a passion because it is taking all the joy and spontaneity out of the game.
    I'd love to see it get ditched but can't see the Premier League being prepared to admit they've made a mistake.

VAR annoys me already, if RUFC games were spoiled by it I would probably stop going to matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I'd like to see it gone. I have been told that the Referees are getting together during the international break to speak about the problems and the main agenda oint will be the use of the pitch side monitors.

I would like to see Referees give post match interviews and if the want to critisise managers and players then so be it. How good would it be?

" Yeah i should have spotted that handball but it happened quickly. But maybe ssouthampton should stop leaking so many goals at home. Ask them why the keeper doesn't catch any crosses and that penalty miss was a joke."

"What do you mean the rotherham fans were not happy? Was there any there? I couldn't hear them."

Maybe the players, fans and managers would stop slagging refs off if they got some back.
    I would be very happy if refs did an after game interview but that’s not going to happen is it, it’s like secret services

It's a total cock up. I was in favour of it being used at first just to sort out whether the ball had crossed the line etc etc. It is also good to sort the offside rule, but this has been changed, why?. It used to be that if a player was level then he was o.k. but now they're not happy with that because now if a player is level instead of him being on-side, they're now looking for whether there's a foot or a hand etc sticking out. It's a joke and it's spoiling the game. Get rid of it is my opinion and the sooner the better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast