+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA cup 3rd round ties to kick off a minute late

FA cup 3rd round ties to kick off a minute late

FA cup 3rd round ties to kick off a minute late, as part of a campaign to promote Mental Health says the Football Association. The move is in partnership with heads up campaign & N H S every mind matters. The aim is to encourage fans to think about their mental wellbeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    FA cup 3rd round ties to kick off a minute late, as part of a campaign to promote Mental Health says the Football Association. The move is in partnership with heads up campaign & N H S every mind matters. The aim is to encourage fans to think about their mental wellbeing.

PC. madness lol

Doesn't help those like me who get anxious when things are a minute late

Joking aside I know it's a very important topic but not sure why football/sports in general see the need to champion/support every cause.

I think most of our fans need a minute to consider their mental well-being after tonight's performance.

That's brilliant, as we normally concede in the first minute.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Doesn't help those like me who get anxious when things are a minute late

Joking aside I know it's a very important topic but not sure why football/sports in general see the need to champion/support every cause.
    It’s not that they want to support it, more that they are scared NOT to support it.

Because it reaches a very broad section of society and, yknow, some folks want to help others

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Because it reaches a very broad section of society and, yknow, some folks want to help others
    I’m sure they do, and nothing is stopping them, but just how this one minute will have any significant effect is debatable.

Just looks like a weak publicity ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    That's brilliant, as we normally concede in the first minute.

Ha-ha, very good, I like that

Maybe they also want to raise awareness that some ex footballers suffer from depression when they retire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast