+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: VAR. any fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    It's a total cock up. I was in favour of it being used at first just to sort out whether the ball had crossed the line etc etc. It is also good to sort the offside rule, but this has been changed, why?. It used to be that if a player was level then he was o.k. but now they're not happy with that because now if a player is level instead of him being on-side, they're now looking for whether there's a foot or a hand etc sticking out. It's a joke and it's spoiling the game. Get rid of it is my opinion and the sooner the better.
    Pinocchio would be offside every time.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So to sum up letsjust train up super refs who are accountable and let the chuffin game flow.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news Roly but these are the super refs. You don't want to see the ones who failed to make the grade

We see em every week outside the prem camiller!

Naz the offside rule is simple. Your on side or offside. The chances of being level in today's game has been exposed as being very rare. It's like a photo finish in horse racing. If a horse wins by a nose should the other horse get a dead heat or the race just because that's how it used to be done..

The offside rule has been around for years. I think What peeps are struggling with is the time taken and the few millimetres players are getting caught.
    In tennis. If the line call in in and the ball is 1mm inside the line is the call correct. Cause it is. So why is football different?

Since when has the offside rule been that simple?
    Common sense is needed when a tip of a toe nail is offside surely

Mentioned it on another thread (but it confused Brin) football is a fluid "analogue" game. VAR reduces it to a static " digital" format.

Like having an analogue clock with hands, you glance at it and you know the time with enough accuracy to serve your purpose. You could though have a digital clock that tells you the exact time in minutes and seconds. Does it more precisely but doesn't add anything more to your need to know what time it is.

VAR is an unnecessary addition to the game when it has that level of precision

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Pinocchio would be offside every time.
    Not if he played with his back to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    A pal of mine says if it's introduced into the lower leagues then that's him finished with football.
    Use goal line technology by all means.
    I don’t know if I am a pal of yours Casper but that’s exactly what I have being saying from day one ! It absolutely takes all the excitement away from the game 😢

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I don’t know if I am a pal of yours Casper but that’s exactly what I have being saying from day one ! It absolutely takes all the excitement away from the game 😢
    Yes you’re a pal of mine MILLERSTALE
    If I’m anywhere near Bluecoats on match day you can buy me a couple of pints.🍺

VAR - take it or leave it for me, needs sorting and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes you’re a pal of mine MILLERSTALE
    If I’m anywhere near Bluecoats on match day you can buy me a couple of pints.🍺

VAR - take it or leave it for me, needs sorting and quick.

Have the clock count down 1 minute after which time if not sorted it`s the refs call.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast