+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A disappointing FB post regarding the Hull match

A disappointing FB post regarding the Hull match

Copied directly from the “WBAFC away singing section” group....

As a West Brom supporter for many years I was very disappointed in the way some of our fans behaved in the minute silence while I except that people claim not to know but this was the one weekend that we should show some common decency I have to add not one our the 100 fans who came with singing section were involved as they would have been told we don’t want them to travel with us so as a Albion fan I apologise to the military people who were at hull and perhaps we should remember we have been slaughtered by other fans for our disrespect

Not reflective of my WBA supporter experience. Anyone on this board there who could comment as to their experience ?

An unfortunate occurrence and I felt a little embarrassed at the time. However, there were four turnstiles for approximately 2,500 supporters. I'm told the singing occurred mostly outside of the stadium as late arrivals waited their turn to enter, and then just inside the concourse. Remember, there were delays and disruption on the trains due to flooding. Nice of the 'singing section' Facebook page to absolve it's members of all blame. Unsure as to how they know for a cast iron fact that all 100 who traveled with them were stood in silence as one but there you go. They must issue them with little numbered hats or something.

I wasn't at Hull on Saturday so I can't really comment on what actually happened. What I will say though is that if any of our fans were knowingly disrespectful then they should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s the same at every match every year.

You always get 1% with the intellect of plankton for starters.

The other problems could be avoided with a loud horn on the concourse and just outside the ground.

Unless people have developed a sixth sense or x ray vision they can’t see and hear inside the ground to know when the silence has been called for.

As an aside.......how do you apply for and get to join the “singing section”.

Leather lederhosen?

Welsh heritage?

Asking for a friend!

Over here we hold a remembrance day for all Irish who have died in wars across the globe some time in Summer, I think.
    There is usually a church service here in Dublin attended by the president and some more events. However at sporting events we don't hold the same minute silence as done in the UK....
    Saying all that...I am always very moved by the absolute silence that normally follows these occasions......
    I remember at a big GAA match here a few years back...a member of the GAA volunteers for one of the counties had died in a car crash on the way to a game and so a minutes silence was held.....I would always have been in the noisy end of the ground....still hugely amazed that 82,500 people in a small area (relatively) all stop talking at the same time....all on cue....It has to be one of the greatest events I have experienced with so many strangers in a sporting stadium...

But there you go...thats just me!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post

As a West Brom supporter for many years I was very disappointed in the way some of our fans behaved in the minute silence while I except that people claim not to know but this was the one weekend that we should show some common decency I have to add not one our the 100 fans who came with singing section were involved as they would have been told we don’t want them to travel with us so as a Albion fan I apologise to the military people who were at hull and perhaps we should remember we have been slaughtered by other fans for our disrespect

Not reflective of my WBA supporter experience. Anyone on this board there who could comment as to their experience ?
    Yes, I was seated just below the television camera and heard a few late comers making a row. Very embarrassing for our travelling support, but I believe the same happened at Swansea a few years ago. 99.99% of our supporters just want to enjoy a day out without annoying other people, but there's a minute element who don't share other people's values.

Let's be honest here, some football fans haven't the intelligence of a chimpanzee. Think of other sports such as Cricket, Rugby, Motor Racing, etc and you will find a more civilised intellectual audience.
    You don't see any trouble at these sports either, i have yet to see A worcester fan trying to bounce a brick off a warwickshire fans head.
    Footballers were the thicko kids at school with dandruff, snotty noses and shirt tails hanging out, and some of the fans are the same.
    I have been to Albion games when fans having been slagging off one of our players for twenty minutes until someone has pointed out he wasn't playing.
    Put it this way, football fans would never have put a man on the Moon, then again, i'm not sure Americans have.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post

Totally agree Prando! I was there and the singing did come from outside and on the concourse - no excuse but not as bad as it came across. I was pleased all those watching gave the parade 100% applause. Does make me sick in this country how the armed forces do not get the respect they deserve. In the USA - the armed forces are loved - walk around with their uniform - past and present are treated like heroes and almost everywhere there's armed forces discounts.

Many of the youth in this country lack respect for anything from respect to the Police - respect for elders and respect for cleaning up litter! Perhaps military service and respect for the flag for all those not in work/enter the country!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree Prando! I was there and the singing did come from outside and on the concourse - no excuse but not as bad as it came across. I was pleased all those watching gave the parade 100% applause. Does make me sick in this country how the armed forces do not get the respect they deserve. In the USA - the armed forces are loved - walk around with their uniform - past and present are treated like heroes and almost everywhere there's armed forces discounts.

Many of the youth in this country lack respect for anything from respect to the Police - respect for elders and respect for cleaning up litter! Perhaps military service and respect for the flag for all those not in work/enter the country!
    I think the Vietnam vets would argue with you here Al but in general I do agree with you.

Some of our police don’t help themselves though,I’ve come across some arrogant t o s s e r s in my time even when I haven’t remotely broken the law.

This is such a s hitty thing for facebook apparent Albion fan group. There are 2 reasons they would never knowingly done this disgraceful thing, 1) They aren't ****s, 2) and self preservation, as i think anyone doing it on purpose would soon get "told" to stop.

What is more worrying with all this talk of warzones is if Regis is ok, given that he resides in the mean streets of west brom and he hasn't been on here for a while?

Are you ok Regis?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)