+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bilic

Bilic

What a great job he's doing. He's got players playing like new players for us doing things like being consistent (Bartley) and generally feeling good about being at the club. Great man management and playing very attractive football. It feels a bit like following Brazil in the sense that we let goals in but always feel like we can score more. Would like a tighter defence but hey, top of the league. We will have to be much tighter at the back if we get to the Prem but for now, it seems to be good enough.

As I've stated on this board many times before, attack is the best form of defence. If you are consistently playing in the opposition half you are less likely to concede goals. I'm not saying that we can be complacent as our defending can be 'iffy' at times but the more time spent out of our own half the better. This is why when we're a goal up with ten or so minutes to go we shouldn't fall back and concentrate on defence, instead keep pushing forward and contine in the manner that got us into the lead.

My worry is keeping Bilic.

It’s so good having a character for a manager as well rather than the usual cliched cardboard cut out spouting phrases from the management handbook from the 70’s.

All good under Bilic.
    I wonder if he will leave if a bigger club come calling. He can't need the money but most managers do take up the offer of a bigger salary at a bigger club when they come a knockin'. For me job satisfaction would come before more income unless I was desperate for the money. Sadly, it rarely seems to happen that way.
    From another perspective we wouldn't think twice about getting rid of if things go wrong. Even then a nice lump of dosh is paid out.

We can always replace him with Appleton if he goes.

This is a big challenge for him as his career as a manager is not great...however well he was liked with previous clubs.
    If and when we get promoted (this season) he will stay...I think he has something more then the usually merry go round in football management of today....

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We can always replace him with Appleton if he goes.
    Nah, Warnock all day long....

......with Pulis as his No.2!

😈😆

Alan Irvine anyone...!? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Alan Irvine anyone...!? 🤣
    I’d rather Stuart Frowning.

One of the best managers we have ever had. I liked him years before he became our manager, witty eccentric, funny, knowledgeable, passionate, intelligent and with great experience having managed at both international and premier league level. What a complete contrast the the previous incumbent.
    I hope he wants to push this club on long term, we all know a big club could give him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    On the plus side he said we were a club he had always wanted to manager and he had a short term and a long term plan for us.
    We can all guess what the short term plan is.
    I love watching his touchline passion and hearing his post game interviews.
    We could have ended up with Pearson and Shakespeare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)