+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock leaves Cardiff

Warnock leaves Cardiff

Mutual consent, probably retires now.

It was probably a mistake to carry on after last season. It was common knowledge that this would be his final season and maybe players on longer contracts don't have the same 'spark' if they know someone else will determine their future. The same thing seemed to affect Martin O'Neill at Forest, who also let it be known that he was only there for a limited time.

What a managerial career though. Warnock maybe wasn't liked by everyone in the game, but anyone who didn't respect his ability and achievements must be a fool. He'll always be welcome at Meadow Lane.

Other than Sir Jimmy the best manager at Notts since I supported the club in terms of getting silk purse from sows ear and motivation plus of course promotions.

Warnock is a legend. One of the last of a dying breed. He consistently managed to get more out of average teams than pretty much any other manager could, despite football changing around him. In fact, I can't think of another manager who has so consistently had a positive impact on teams over such a long period of time. How many promotions? How many teams did he get into the top flight? Crazy really.

Warnock's record speaks for itself. A great career as a manager and his two Notts Wembley play-off triumphs are up there with my best Notts memories.

Name:  Warnock's Stats.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  94.5 KB

I thought the last entry was a joke but apparently, according to Wiki, "The Yorkshire Electricity Cup was a short-lived pre-season tournament featuring football teams from around Yorkshire and ran from 1990 to 1995."

I recently read "Be Careful What You Wish For", Simon Jordan's autobiography in which he tells how he made his fortune and then lost most of it by buying and running Crystal Palace. I've always liked Neil Warnock and I was so pleased that he was pretty much the only person in the whole story to come across as being a straightforward, decent person. Some of the rest are enough to put you off football for life!

BTW, Alan Hardy would have done well to have read it before starting on his Notts adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Mutual consent, probably retires now.
    I have a feeling this wont be the last football club he manages.

Tell you what does make a change...No one calling for him to return to Notts! Normally every time he’s out of work, we’re doing crap and people clamour for him to come back in some role.
    Has Ardley finally put the ‘come back Neil’ choir to bed?
    He was superb for us and has been a pure magician for the clubs he’s managed since he left us.
    But, would I have him back now in any form? Nah. Seems to me, we’re finally on the right road for a change, so why change it!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Tell you what does make a change...No one calling for him to return to Notts! Normally every time he’s out of work, we’re doing crap and people clamour for him to come back in some role.
    Has Ardley finally put the ‘come back Neil’ choir to bed?
    He was superb for us and has been a pure magician for the clubs he’s managed since he left us.
    But, would I have him back now in any form? Nah. Seems to me, we’re finally on the right road for a change, so why change it!
    I would take Sven (& Tord) back !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast