+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock leaves Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Warnock's record speaks for itself. A great career as a manager and his two Notts Wembley play-off triumphs are up there with my best Notts memories.

Attachment 14310
    What those stats prove is he knew/knows how to get the best out of players. Only 31 yrs old when he took over at Scarborough, nearly 33 years and 1500 games later and an overall win ratio of more than 40% is quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    What those stats prove is he knew/knows how to get the best out of players. Only 31 yrs old when he took over at Scarborough, nearly 33 years and 1500 games later and an overall win ratio of more than 40% is quite impressive.
    I'd say it's very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Tell you what does make a change...No one calling for him to return to Notts! Normally every time he’s out of work, we’re doing crap and people clamour for him to come back in some role.
    Has Ardley finally put the ‘come back Neil’ choir to bed?
    He was superb for us and has been a pure magician for the clubs he’s managed since he left us.
    But, would I have him back now in any form? Nah. Seems to me, we’re finally on the right road for a change, so why change it!
    Surely the lack of clamour is more based on 1) the fact he’s retired 2) that fact he would never drop down to the level rather than the fact people somehow rate Ardley higher.....

He wouldn’t come if the help for heroes choir were signing.

I’d be surprised if he does finally retire. Been there and done that and he still came out of retirement to have a crack.
    Notts position...Id agree, but all the other times we’ve clamoured for him, we’ve been crap anyway.
    I personally think a lot of fans realise we’ve finally took a step forward. New owners that want the best for the club by keeping out of the headlines and making sensible decisions. Manager who has an eye for a player finally. Players that do seem to care about the club.
    Dare I say, a system that we’re finally getting used to watching?
    Don’t get me wrong. Neil is (was) one of the best man managers in the business. We’re just on a different path for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I have a feeling this wont be the last football club he manages.
    Reports in the media today that he may be heading north of the border to Hearts. It would seem like just the challenge for Neil Warnock to go up to Scotland and try and build a team to rival Rangers and Celtic with that underdog mentality where it's his teams against the world getting wins against the odds.

There is no denying that he has shown himself to be an excellent manager over the past 30 years with his ability to get teams promoted and save them from relegation which the stats don't show, even though his win ratio is excellent at 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Reports in the media today that he may be heading north of the border to Hearts. It would seem like just the challenge for Neil Warnock to go up to Scotland and try and build a team to rival Rangers and Celtic with that underdog mentality where it's his teams against the world getting wins against the odds.

There is no denying that he has shown himself to be an excellent manager over the past 30 years with his ability to get teams promoted and save them from relegation which the stats don't show, even though his win ratio is excellent at 40%.
    That would be a surprise, given that he lived in Cornwall last time I heard. Who knows though, I don't think Neil Warnock's a 'pipe and slippers' type of guy. Football is his drug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12