+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

500 games under ump**** managers.

Well done Consi.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    500 games under ump**** managers.

Well done Consi.
    ^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Big Andy is a Dons legend, some people need to show him the respect he deserves.
    Why?

Everyone is getting ahead of themselves. He has only played 499 games, the next one will be 500. What if McInnes never picks him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Everyone is getting ahead of themselves. He has only played 499 games, the next one will be 500. What if McInnes never picks him again?
    He may do his knee in training as bad as Willie Miller v Norway (thirty years ago today that injury) and never play again

Congratulations to the lad. Its a fair milestone & I don't think anyone doubts his commitment to the club or the fact he's a red. I hope he gets recognised for this appropriately at the game next week.

BUT.

For me, along with the likes of Langfield & Mackie I'm afraid big Andy just epitomizes the drop in standards & expectations we as a club have suffered over the last 20 odd years.

We've been pretty dreadful for most of that time & AFC being perfectly happy to regularly pick players of Andy's quality are a big reason why.

If that's seen as disrespectful fair enough - it also happens to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Congratulations to the lad. Its a fair milestone & I don't think anyone doubts his commitment to the club or the fact he's a red. I hope he gets recognised for this appropriately at the game next week.

BUT.

For me, along with the likes of Langfield & Mackie I'm afraid big Andy just epitomizes the drop in standards & expectations we as a club have suffered over the last 20 odd years.

We've been pretty dreadful for most of that time & AFC being perfectly happy to regularly pick players of Andy's quality are a big reason why.

If that's seen as disrespectful fair enough - it also happens to be true...
    "over the last 20 odd years"...guess who's tenure that falls under?

As for Langfield he was utter phucking sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    "over the last 20 odd years"...guess who's tenure that falls under?

As for Langfield he was utter phucking sh1te.
    Oh aye - don't get me wrong, there are people far more culpable for the failures of the last 20 odd years than big Andy. We all know who they are.

He's merely one minor symptom of the disease at the end of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It’s possible I suppose.
    Unlikely though.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast