+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If he must replace Cosgrove with someone of similar stature then it should be Dykes....
    It's lazy. Clearly having a big striker isn't working. It's less likely to work if he doesn't have a run of form like Cosgrove did. He tried it with Zola and Stockley (who was a good footballer).

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Us and HIV's being linked with a move for Ross Stewart from Ross County,in the Daily Retard
    Aye, I saw that.
    A cheeky £100k & Curtis Main offer in the sent items likely.
    Wouldn’t be impressed with that signing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, I saw that.
    You wouldn’t be impressed?

Getting shot of Main, and bringing in a 22 yr old player who is allegedly “interesting” Leeds Utd?

I wouldn’t be against that move at all, and if Big Sam leaves and we gave Livvy a wedge of that dough to bring in Dykes, then win win. Still have a huge pot of dough leftover and Anderson waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, I saw that.
    A £100k plus Main or £200k and no Main!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Getting shot of Main, and bringing in a 22 yr old player who is allegedly “interesting” Leeds Utd?

I wouldn’t be against that move at all, and if Big Sam leaves and we gave Livvy a wedge of that dough to bring in Dykes, then win win. Still have a huge pot of dough leftover and Anderson waiting in the wings.
    Can't say I'm too familiar with the lad Stewart to be honest - but 11 goals in 24 games for County is good going.

I'd prefer Dykes too, but if we could offload Main as part of the deal I'd take just about anybody.

Probably too much to wish for though...

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    A £100k plus Main or £200k and no Main!
    I think they'd probably take £50k & no Main actually...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Can't say I'm too familiar with the lad Stewart to be honest
    Think he hit the post when we beat them at Pittodrie early in the season. He seemed like their only genuine threat. I think he was booked and also remember thinking he was lucky to not have seen another yellow that day.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Think he hit the post when we beat them at Pittodrie early in the season. He seemed like their only genuine threat. I think he was booked and also remember thinking he was lucky to not have seen another yellow that day.
    Aye, went up for a high ball with Super Joe at the RDS end and was well late, which got him the yellow and careered into a few other challenges that day which could have got him a 2nd yellow.

Have to say, didn’t hugely impress me that day but you can’t argue with his goal ratio.

Aye, went up for a high ball with Super Joe at the RDS end and was well late, which got him the yellow and careered into a few other challenges that day which could have got him a 2nd yellow.

Have to say, didn’t hugely impress me that day but you can’t argue with his goal ratio.
    McInness loves a gigantic striker almost as much as he loves a sitting midfielder. We’ll need a new formation to accommodate the big boy if he signs...

Lewis
    Logan Taylor McKenna Considine
    Ferguson Ojo McGeouch Kennedy
    Stewart Cosgrove

Stewart Cosgrove up front will be a good laugh. Two giants to aim for so the midfield will be even more redundant... they’ll just be used to lay the ball back to the defenders to launch into the sky.

No chance Leeds, a team who have strong aspirations to be an EPL team next season, are looking at Ross Stewart.
    No chance.
    Agent talking sh1te.
    He’s at his level
    IMO.
    I’d swap him for Main & a bit of cash maybe.
    But I’d pick myself ahead of Main.
    My “wouldn’t be impressed” was more the general idea that Stewart is seen as good enough.
    He isn’t IMO.
    Being better than Curtis Main is an irrelevance.

Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast