+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Taylor Moore has choose to stay down south. Next

We could have nicknamed him Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We could have nicknamed him Mary.
    , I had the same thoughts when I saw his name, but thought it was too lame to post

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    James Wilson going to Salford.
    A predictable one with his Manchester background & he’ll still get good money.
    And played at centre forward.
    I’ll get shot down for saying this, but I think Wilson was the best attacking player at the club. He was exactly what we’ve been missing this season - someone who has pace, skill, creativity and the ability to do something out of the ordinary. The fact that he’s never been given an opportunity to bring any of that to the team is down to mcinnes style of play and formation.

I think Wilson just behind Cosgrove would have worked pretty well if we’d given it a go. Instead he sits on the bench and gets on for the final few mins playing out wide, or starts a game played wide where he’s asked to spend most of the match defending.

Yes, he possibly was told that’s how he would be deployed so maybe it’s partly his fault for signing up to it. But what on Earth was McInnes thinking of signing him if that was the intention?? Why not sign an actual winger? The boy clearly isn’t a wide player (or at least not a mcinnes style wide player who can track back and defend for 90 mins). Even more ridiculous given that he had him on loan the season before and tried out the experiment - it clearly didn’t work, but he goes and signs him anyway!

Might be an interesting day.

Wilson going.
    Vyner away
    Gleeson maybe going?

That’s a few wages to play with?
    Doubt we’d have been paying much of Vyners wages - but I suspect we’ll get a classic McInnes style utility man from an English championship reserve team to replace him - said player will likely turn out to be crap.

Wilson would be on a decent wage, but who would we get to replace him that isn’t going to cost a fee at this stage in the season? I can’t see the board giving McInnes another transfer fee. Maybe we’ll get a young striker on loan from English prem?

Gleeson... genuinely don’t know what to say about this guy, really wouldn’t notice whether he was here or not. Haven’t heard anything about him for months. He’ll be on a reasonable wage though. As long as we don’t bring in another bloomin defensive midfielder - I think that would be the end of it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I’ll get shot down for saying this, but I think Wilson was the best attacking player at the club. He was exactly what we’ve been missing this season - someone who has pace, skill, creativity and the ability to do something out of the ordinary. The fact that he’s never been given an opportunity to bring any of that to the team is down to mcinnes style of play and formation.

I think Wilson just behind Cosgrove would have worked pretty well if we’d given it a go. Instead he sits on the bench and gets on for the final few mins playing out wide, or starts a game played wide where he’s asked to spend most of the match defending.

Yes, he possibly was told that’s how he would be deployed so maybe it’s partly his fault for signing up to it. But what on Earth was McInnes thinking of signing him if that was the intention?? Why not sign an actual winger? The boy clearly isn’t a wide player (or at least not a mcinnes style wide player who can track back and defend for 90 mins). Even more ridiculous given that he had him on loan the season before and tried out the experiment - it clearly didn’t work, but he goes and signs him anyway!
    When he did get a chance he was injured soon after.

Definitely the worst signing we've made this season.

Bring on the last minute just because they were offered by an agent pish loan

Any news from Mainstandmoan?
    Any top tips from anyone else "in the know"?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    When he did get a chance he was injured soon after.

Definitely the worst signing we've made this season.
    I beg to differ
    I'll see your James Wilson and raise you with Curtis Main
    I hate that a**e, and I rarely say that about a Dons player

I beg to differ
    I'll see your James Wilson and raise you with Curtis Main
    I hate that a**e, and I rarely say that about a Dons player
    Completely agree RST. Main is just awful and is destined to make no contribution of note before he leaves, hopefully today

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast