+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

Thread: January transfer window

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,981

    January transfer window

    Ryan Fraser trending on Twitter today. Move to Liverpool in January "at an advanced stage...". Unfortunately thought to be for around £10-15 million because he hasn't been in top form this season...

    https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status...25098765340672

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Ryan Fraser trending on Twitter today. Move to Liverpool in January "at an advanced stage...". Unfortunately thought to be for around £10-15 million because he hasn't been in top form this season...

    https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status...25098765340672
    Somebody retweeted on Twitter earlier.
    Unfortunately it was from the Daily Rectum, quoting Talksport.
    Two of the least reputable sources imaginable.
    So it’s probably sh1te.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Ryan Fraser trending on Twitter today. Move to Liverpool in January "at an advanced stage...". Unfortunately thought to be for around £10-15 million because he hasn't been in top form this season...

    https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status...25098765340672
    Don't think it's got anything to do with his form - it's the fact his contract is up in the summer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,152

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    As soon as I read that the Daily Rectum & talksh1te were reporting it, I knew it was bollox, as I said ^^^

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    ... As a guy with some journalistic experience, and always looking to do good journalism, I always notice that word 'understands'.

    eg. The Mirror/Herald/Echo/Express/(insert rag here) 'understands' that the earth is flat. Not 'we have ascertained/been informed/heard/discovered/know/have concluded/believe/can reveal' ... nor 'we have evidence to suggest/according to new findings/investigations have uncovered'etc.

    'Understands' means 'made up from rumours or lack thereof to produce a made up story out of nothing other than the desire for folk to read, discuss and believe what they like as long as we sell copy and don't get sued for publishing ****e!'

    But then there's a 'source' ....

    'A club source has said/commented' ...

    Said club source may be the tea wifie, the car park attendant, the 24/7 autograph hunter with his/her tent pitched in the adjacent spare grun/the youth squad reserve goalie's auntie's best mate ... or naebody! .... at least naebody close enough tae the action, or important enough tae risk the sack for blabbin tae the press.

    So ... 'a club source' means ...... 'a fictional made up non-person we want you to believe has some credible information to back up our non-story made up from rumours or lack thereof to produce a made up story out of nothing other than the desire for folk to read, discuss and believe what they like as long as we sell copy and don't get sued for publishing ****e!'

    You heard it here first! Be vigilant folks ... there's an election coming up ... learn to discern ... or go talk to the flowers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,110
    Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway
    Good een.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,124
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway
    Magic beans as currency I would guess. With their reported losses I cant see any signings until the summer once they have banked some money

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Magic beans as currency I would guess. With their reported losses I cant see any signings until the summer once they have banked some money
    Well they reckon they're getting big bucks for Kamara

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good een.
    Fit you on aboot?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway
    Let me get my checklist out.

    Aberdeen starting to look a bit more threatening again - check
    A game against sevco coming up -check
    International week so not much real stories to write about - check

    You can safely file this under W for weegie sh1t stirring.

    The only thing missing from the story was that they would sell Kamara for £10 million and offer Aberdeen half a million for Ferguson

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Fit you on aboot?
    The following posts capture the essence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Magic beans as currency I would guess. With their reported losses I cant see any signings until the summer once they have banked some money
    Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Well they reckon they're getting big bucks for Kamara
    It's firesale time.
    All covered when SevCo released their accounts a few weeks ago.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    30,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Let me get my checklist out.

    Aberdeen starting to look a bit more threatening again - check
    A game against sevco coming up -check
    International week so not much real stories to write about - check

    You can safely file this under W for weegie sh1t stirring.

    The only thing missing from the story was that they would sell Kamara for £10 million and offer Aberdeen half a million for Ferguson
    This exactly

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The following posts capture the essence.





    It's firesale time.
    All covered when SevCo released their accounts a few weeks ago.
    I never said i believed the story,just posting what i read and seeing as its in the Sun i wouldn't believe a word of it

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    364
    The scum print a story to generate traffic on their twitter and facebook pages. The inbred sevco ar5eholes will all be enraged that their mighty team are lowering themselves looking at Aberdeen players when they should be buying from England and other top tier nations. The scum will print their comments tomorrow and keep generating interest in a non story.

    And people still by that utter filth of a rag

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,107
    It's a nice story but doesn't really hang together

    1) Huns will want big bucks for Kamara but no one will be offering any more than £3m-£5m
    2) Ferguson is on a 4 year contract and will be upwards of £3m

    Non starter

    I predict Fergie will be in the Scotland squad by the end of the season and by then it'll be clear he's going to bypass the old firm

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,196
    God I hate transfer windows - and its nae even here for another 6 weeks yet.

    The Fraser saga is beyond tiresome. I've resigned myself to us getting nothing for the little hobbit prick so if that does change it will be a bonus.

    All I'll say about the Ferguson one is its good to see a story like that appearing as it means we might just be heading in the right direction again when the weegies start with pish like this.

    AFC dont sell players to Sevco - end of. Nothing could be done about the rat as it was out of contract, but actually willingly selling any player to that rancid scum? Even though Milne loves to support a strong Sevco, even he's nae that stupid.

    Do that & they might as well lock the gates & turn off the lights as that would be the end for most fans.

    Ferguson & his old man seem pretty sensible too. I wager young Lewis sees far bigger & better things ahead for himself than Sevco. He just needs to take one look at Kenny McLean for that.

    Noting to see here, apart fae weegie sh1t stirring.

    Fuuck the huns.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 12-11-2019 at 11:40 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,057
    Who exactly is after this Kamara chap? And how does someone go from being a decent player playing for Dundee one season to a guy being touted for a move to the EPL the next in a multi-million pound deal?

    Surely someone like Ferguson is of equal or higher value than Kamara, given that he's only 20. I actually think Ferguson is a bit over-rated, and he doesn't influence games all that much on a regular basis. However he's young and he's got potential and a fair bit of experience for his age, so weighing it all up he is an asset.

    I would imagine he'd love to play for Rangers, but I can't see them stumping up enough cash, or our board accepting an offer from them. So it's just the usual efforts to unsettle our players and team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Who exactly is after this Kamara chap? And how does someone go from being a decent player playing for Dundee one season to a guy being touted for a move to the EPL the next in a multi-million pound deal?

    Surely someone like Ferguson is of equal or higher value than Kamara, given that he's only 20. I actually think Ferguson is a bit over-rated, and he doesn't influence games all that much on a regular basis. However he's young and he's got potential and a fair bit of experience for his age, so weighing it all up he is an asset.

    I would imagine he'd love to play for Rangers, but I can't see them stumping up enough cash, or our board accepting an offer from them. So it's just the usual efforts to unsettle our players and team.
    Any player with ambitions and career aspirations would not sign for the Dhims or those hun mutants.
    If he has any sense, he'll try and get a decent move to England, maybe next summer, maybe the year after.
    He's contracted for 4 more years.
    Bottom line is, the scum need £10m just to keep trading for the rest of the season...how in the name of f uck will they afford the fee we'd be looking for?
    SEVCO is a dead end move, fighting it out (and losing) a 2 horse race in a sh1te league.
    They're so full of their own importance those c unts.

    The reality is they're a complete irrelevance in proper football circles, playing in a sh1t league, trading insolvent and financially doping...all to win f uck all.

    And for any hun interlopers, yes, we know we're an irrelevance too.....only we admit it.
    Go f u ck yourselves you complete and utter c unts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •