+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

The interesting thing to take from a signing of Ross Stewart is that McInnes must think his style of football is still the way forward. He won’t play Cosgrove and Stewart up front together unless we are completely chasing a game. It will be 1 up front and 1 on the bench.
    The chairman should really be on his case and question his signing targets instead of lazing about in his home in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Stewart Cosgrove up front will be a good laugh. T
    He's funny off the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The interesting thing to take from a signing of Ross Stewart is that McInnes must think his style of football is still the way forward. He won’t play Cosgrove and Stewart up front together unless we are completely chasing a game. It will be 1 up front and 1 on the bench.
    The chairman should really be on his case and question his signing targets instead of lazing about in his home in Atlanta.
    I don’t mind a tall, strong striker being the “no9”.
    Lots of teams do.
    It doesn’t mean you have to just hoof the ball from 50 yards away in his general direction after 6-7 square, pedestrian passes like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Lots of teams do.
    It doesn’t mean you have to just hoof the ball from 50 yards away in his general direction after 6-7 square, pedestrian passes like we do.
    I don’t think many of us would dislike a striker because of his height, it’s the way we play that decides what striker he wants. We are not looking for a striker who can play off Cosgrove or other forwards to create more chances to score. We are looking for as big a chunt as possible so McInnes can keep playing his brand of hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Lots of teams do.
    From 2014 - 2018, we didn’t play that way, when Rooney was in his pomp. I think DM got lucky with Cosgrove and once he started scoring goals, felt he had no other option but to stick with him and therefore play to his strengths.

If Cosgrove goes this week, then it will mean a rethink with MIGHT inadvertently result in an upturn in both style and result.

MIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    From 2014 - 2018, we didn’t play that way, when Rooney was in his pomp. I think DM got lucky with Cosgrove and once he started scoring goals, felt he had no other option but to stick with him and therefore play to his strengths.

If Cosgrove goes this week, then it will mean a rethink with MIGHT inadvertently result in an upturn in both style and result.

MIGHT
    The thing is most of us can see that pumping it long and high isn’t actually playing to Cosgrove’s strengths. Play some football, get it wide and put it in the box and Cosgrove will be more effective. Cosgrove isn’t that great in the air when it’s launched over the moon to get to him by our defenders. Even on the rare occasion he wins the header, there’s nobody near him to pick up the ball. The style of play suits nobody, other than our dull as dishwater manager and his equally dull defensive midfielders who are packing out the team most weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The thing is most of us can see that pumping it long and high isn’t actually playing to Cosgrove’s strengths. Play some football, get it wide and put it in the box and Cosgrove will be more effective. Cosgrove isn’t that great in the air when it’s launched over the moon to get to him by our defenders. Even on the rare occasion he wins the header, there’s nobody near him to pick up the ball. The style of play suits nobody, other than our dull as dishwater manager and his equally dull defensive midfielders who are packing out the team most weeks.
    Completely agree. Cosgrove's aerial game seems to me like possibly the weakest area of his play, whether going for goal, flicking the ball on or defending. You just never know where the ball is going to land. He's far better with the ball at his feet, which just cements the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

MIGHT
    Aye, we CAN play decent football under McInnes.
    The team that went to Parkhead & beat the Dhims in the cup was a good team.
    The teams that put 6 past Motherwell & 7 past Dundee...
    He CAN do it.
    I suppose you’d argue he had better players then.
    Hayes, McGinn at his best, McLean, Christie for a while, etc

Cosgrove to Sevco?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Cosgrove to Sevco?
    Hmm Remind me who are we playing again on Saturday

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast