+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Aye we’ll the “Aberdeen way” is currently a trajectory to being perennial 2nd runner up at best from now until the end of time. I agree we should be cautious, but provided it doesn’t threaten the club with dangerous financial instability, I’m all for changing the thinking and maybe having a crack at being league champions some time in the next 100 years.
    That’s what I meant really.
    I’m not keen on any American link but we need some excitement in our lives.

Relegation battles don’t count as excitement

I see in the EE McInnes is saying that Hernandez wasn't found by the Yanks but by us..."McInnes’ scouting network identified Venezuelan Hernandez playing for Stabaek in Norway, before their link-up with Atlanta."

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...or-new-talent/

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I see in the EE McInnes is saying that Hernandez wasn't found by the Yanks but by us..."McInnes’ scouting network identified Venezuelan Hernandez playing for Stabaek in Norway, before their link-up with Atlanta."

I don't believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post

So why doesn't he play him? I smell shiite.

I found it a slightly confusing article, to be honest. McInnes seems to be saying we're broadening out our scouting to other (I'm guessing European) leagues, but then makes a real point of saying our focus continues to be on the UK, which is obviously true to form for him.

With Scott McKenna supposedly out until the end of the season could we now turn our attention on securing Hoban until the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    With Scott McKenna supposedly out until the end of the season could we now turn our attention on securing Hoban until the end of the season?
    Has Hoban actually been training with us this winter? Never seen any quotes or photos that would confirm that he is.

With Greg Leigh now fit and able to play central defence too, I think we’ll be okay for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Has Hoban actually been training with us this winter? Never seen any quotes or photos that would confirm that he is.

With Greg Leigh now fit and able to play central defence too, I think we’ll be okay for cover.
    Leigh playing in central defence hardly fills me with confidence....he struggles to keep Considine out of the left back position (Leigh’s strongest position).
    Don’t think Hoban has been training with us but just thinking he could possibly be signed until the end of the season as cover for McKenna. Will probably be more likely company for McKenna once he plays his first match as he will need a visit to the treatment table

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869