+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    FFS, no wonder we allegedly pulled out of any offer for Liam Boyce.
    Apparently £6k per week for 3 & a half years.
    The fee of £150k wasn’t the issue.
    The £6k per week was though.
    Understandably.

That’s about £1.1m in wages alone for 1 player?

Over paid.

That said, him & Naismith’s goals will probably keep them up.
    If that’s correct then quite right we didn’t bother.

Absolute panic wages. That’ll bite them on the @rse when loads of other players start asking for similar.

Recipe for an unhappy dressing room that.

Naismith will never stay fit for any length of time - another ridiculously long contract.

Be a real shame if Boyce’s knee fell off again the morn too...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    If that’s correct then quite right we didn’t bother.

Absolute panic wages. That’ll bite them on the @rse when loads of other players start asking for similar.

Recipe for an unhappy dressing room that.

Naismith will never stay fit for any length of time - another ridiculously long contract.

Be a real shame if Boyce’s knee fell off again the morn too...
    Aye, Boyce’s knee can go.... after he’s scored a couple against the scum tomorrow

Everyone’s favourite manager was hoping yesterday to have another new player in this week as he has a position in the team that needs addressed. I wonder who our latest new sitting midfielder will be?

Will be left back or right back
    Then another defensive midfielder cause you know Injuries
    Then 4th choice back up striker
    Then a ball playing defensive midfielder cause we are short there
    Then a centre back incase Mrs Taylor doesn't fancy anal one night
    A defensive midfielder cause the other defensive mid arrived injured
    A few youth players who will end up at cove in a few years

And I think that's us sorted, no holes needed in the team after that

With Curtis Main looking like he could be heading to St.Mirren then we might be able to get another big lump of a striker. If he cannot play decent out wide and is happy with having a seat for the majority of match days as we plod along with big Sam up top himself then we have hit the jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    With Curtis Main looking like he could be heading to St.Mirren then we might be able to get another big lump of a striker. If he cannot play decent out wide and is happy with having a seat for the majority of match days as we plod along with big Sam up top himself then we have hit the jackpot.
    What makes you think St Mirren want Curtis Main?
    You sure it wasn’t Sunnybank FC?

What makes you think St Mirren want Curtis Main?
    You sure it wasn’t Sunnybank FC?
    St.Mirren have been linked with him and are closing in on a striker (news reports) so I put 2 and 2 together and came up with my theory. I hope he stays with us though as he can help get McInnes the sack.

St.Mirren have been linked with him and are closing in on a striker (news reports) so I put 2 and 2 together and came up with my theory. I hope he stays with us though as he can help get McInnes the sack.
    Tony Watt might be who they’re signing.
    I can’t see anyone being daft enough to take Main.

Tony Watt might be who they’re signing.
    I can’t see anyone being daft enough to take Main.
    Main would be better back at Motherwell as they at least got something out of him. That will leave us with Bruce Anderson as our only other striker as back up to Sam Cosgrove. James Wilson isn’t a striker now...he is a winger ( no laughing at the back) when fit. Just as well Ash Taylor is fit and well, hope he finds his shooting boots

Main would be better back at Motherwell as they at least got something out of him. That will leave us with Bruce Anderson as our only other striker as back up to Sam Cosgrove. James Wilson isn’t a striker now...he is a winger ( no laughing at the back) when fit. Just as well Ash Taylor is fit and well, hope he finds his shooting boots
    Signing another striker is a waste of time, even if main leaves (you’ve got my hopes up now you’ve mentioned the possibility!) we only play 1 up front and it’s going to be Cosgrove. Anderson and Wilson are plenty as back up. McGinn can play through the middle too if necessary.

Anderson only gets on with 10 mins to go if we need a goal. Wilson never gets on and seems to be injured a lot - I think he’ll leave in the summer. Taylor will be getting turned into a makeshift striker more and more often in the last part of the season - chasing a goal in final few mins and he’ll be sent up front. Problem is he’ll not then be at the back to launch useless aimless punts high into the sky towards himself.

I think we might end up with another defensive utility man on loan similar to Vyner, Hoban etc - mcinnes loves that type who can play defence, full back and most importantly sitting midfielder.

Any word on the mighty Gleeso? Has he left the building yet?

Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast