+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

January transfer window

Ryan Fraser trending on Twitter today. Move to Liverpool in January "at an advanced stage...". Unfortunately thought to be for around £10-15 million because he hasn't been in top form this season...

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status...25098765340672

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    Ryan Fraser trending on Twitter today. Move to Liverpool in January "at an advanced stage...". Unfortunately thought to be for around £10-15 million because he hasn't been in top form this season...

Somebody retweeted on Twitter earlier.
    Unfortunately it was from the Daily Rectum, quoting Talksport.
    Two of the least reputable sources imaginable.
    So it’s probably sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post

Don't think it's got anything to do with his form - it's the fact his contract is up in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    As soon as I read that the Daily Rectum & talksh1te were reporting it, I knew it was bollox, as I said ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    ... As a guy with some journalistic experience, and always looking to do good journalism, I always notice that word 'understands'.

eg. The Mirror/Herald/Echo/Express/(insert rag here) 'understands' that the earth is flat. Not 'we have ascertained/been informed/heard/discovered/know/have concluded/believe/can reveal' ... nor 'we have evidence to suggest/according to new findings/investigations have uncovered'etc.

'Understands' means 'made up from rumours or lack thereof to produce a made up story out of nothing other than the desire for folk to read, discuss and believe what they like as long as we sell copy and don't get sued for publishing ****e!'

But then there's a 'source' ....

'A club source has said/commented' ...

Said club source may be the tea wifie, the car park attendant, the 24/7 autograph hunter with his/her tent pitched in the adjacent spare grun/the youth squad reserve goalie's auntie's best mate ... or naebody! .... at least naebody close enough tae the action, or important enough tae risk the sack for blabbin tae the press.

So ... 'a club source' means ...... 'a fictional made up non-person we want you to believe has some credible information to back up our non-story made up from rumours or lack thereof to produce a made up story out of nothing other than the desire for folk to read, discuss and believe what they like as long as we sell copy and don't get sued for publishing ****e!'

You heard it here first! Be vigilant folks ... there's an election coming up ... learn to discern ... or go talk to the flowers

Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Huns aparrently weighing up an offer for Lewis Ferguson in January as a replacement for Glen Kamara,according to the Sun anyway
    Good een.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Magic beans as currency I would guess. With their reported losses I cant see any signings until the summer once they have banked some money

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Magic beans as currency I would guess. With their reported losses I cant see any signings until the summer once they have banked some money
    Well they reckon they're getting big bucks for Kamara

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast