+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football funnies

Keeping with George Best.....

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.”

and

“In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Who said that?
    Lawrie McMenemy (Southampton boss)

"I don't dive" - Iker Casillas (when asked about trying to get an opponent sent off)

A particular favourite, albeit nae really a funny in this context

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana—we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?...Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lawrie McMenemy (Southampton boss)
    Its a beauty

Chris Kamara has some beauties: -

"Barnsley have started off the way they mean to begin."

“For Burnley to win they are going to have to score.”

“Nicky Shorey is the provider but Shane Long has made this all on his own”

The the famous instance needs to be shown again

"If any player disagreed with my me, we'd talk about it for 20 minutes and then decide I was right" - Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    "If any player disagreed with my me, we'd talk about it for 20 minutes and then decide I was right" - Brian Clough
    this was 30 years ago so I might have it slightly wrong. Joe Miller after scoring only goal and winner for Celtic against the Huns in the 88 cup final.

" I always knew I would score the first goal. I told my dad to put a tenner on me. He got 10 / 1. I don't know how much he's won. "

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    this was 30 years ago so I might have it slightly wrong. Joe Miller after scoring only goal and winner for Celtic against the Huns in the 88 cup final.

" I always knew I would score the first goal. I told my dad to put a tenner on me. He got 10 / 1. I don't know how much he's won. "

That's a cracker.

the Brian Clough one about "you can take all your medals, and shove them in the bin, cos you won them cheating"...

That SHOULD'VE been the SFA's response to "Rangers" over the EBT's ineligible players, dual contracts etc.
    Sadly, they sh@t it, the masonic c unts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast