+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Away to Northampton

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenpie View Post
    Why not Tuesday 3rd December?
    There has to be 10 days between matches, police rota's etc'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Saints play Leicester tigers on 30th Nov 3pm. Will that clash?
    Yes it will clash. We will play either Fri or Sunday, so good chance it will be on BT.

Fri ok for me, won't be able to go on a Sun.

All we need to someone to score a double hat-trick, like George Best did back in 1970 at Northampton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq1q0DRNvxc

Thomas, Wootton or Dennis off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Yes it will clash. We will play either Fri or Sunday, so good chance it will be on BT.

Neither Friday nor Sunday good for me due to family commitments, so that's one less going.

I had planned to go to Fylde on that day as well, so being selfish, not good at all.

Saving my money for Halifax away now.

Info seems a bit slow at coming through regarding the day its going to be played. Must admit I too would of prefered saturday. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post

I've received this from a Northampton fan (season ticket holder)

"If there is a clash with Saints on Saturday, what normally happens is that we kick off at 2.00pm to avoid congestion, the grounds being a mile apart."

As some others have said Northampton away is a bit of a meh draw. It's a stepping stone to Round 3 so at least we are in with a chance.

The stats don't look too great. In our last 12 meetings with them we have W2, D6, L4. Those two wins both came in the 2009/10 title winning season.

However we have not lost at Sixfields in our last three visits there with the last defeat being a 2-0 defeat in March 2006.

It's got replay written all over it.

Sunday 2-00pm kick off

Just read this on Northampton Town's official site:

This game will take place as above [Sunday 2pm] as the game will be featured on BBC TV's Final Score programme.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog. I appreciate that the game needs TV money, but I think it's outrageous that the FA see fit to reschedule FA Cup matches to accommodate TV highlights programmes. I remember this happened to Notts a couple of years ago so I duly avoided the score and tuned in for the "extended" highlights, which lasted all of about 90 seconds. It's a bit rich for the BBC to constantly harp on about the "tradition" and "magic" of FA Cup while scattering the matches randomly through the weekend for no good reason. I remember when the FA Cup really was magical; almost every game kicked off at 3pm on Saturday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast