+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 down, 23 to go, Queens at home next up

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Correct. That would be like playing a right back at left back and filling the right back slot with a centre half.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Just like the last meeting of the 2 sides😂
    I said SHOULD be. Not will be.

Correct. That would be like playing a right back at left back and filling the right back slot with a centre half.
    and that sir is a 'check mate' with a FACT thrown in GB style for good measure

That's what we done when we lifted the cup in 2010, put dillon at left back and had a cb come rb at right back.... As Dixon missed out

These were logical changes or atleast can see why he tried them, Robson was injured and Sporle had looked poor there (but but bad further forward) so he shifted a very good footballer in Liam Smith to left back and brought Watson into right back where he'd done a very solid job last season, including in the end vs Ross County etc.. Watson at that stage had only appeared at cb v East fife and was poor, so those changes were understandable, butcher being out didn't help either and when he returned vs queen's wasn't upto speed fully although I personally think that game he should have went with Sporle left back

However It was him that signed the players and found the line up that we all call for and like to be played when they are available and credit due for going with Watson at ict as it's paid off since

More often than not the selections are spot on or not far off, he generally sticks with what is working and mostly getting results

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    and that sir is a 'check mate' with a FACT thrown in GB style for good measure

Not quite, not even close

No that I want to be debating changes to the team that were enforced from previous months given how well everything is going!

No word on Stephen Dobbie - he hobbled off injured with three mins to go against Ayr having pulled up and asking to be substituted. Would kinda cancel out Shankland’s absence if he were to be out.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's what we done when we lifted the cup in 2010, put dillon at left back and had a cb come rb at right back.... As Dixon missed out

These were logical changes or atleast can see why he tried them, Robson was injured and Sporle had looked poor there (but but bad further forward) so he shifted a very good footballer in Liam Smith to left back and brought Watson into right back where he'd done a very solid job last season, including in the end vs Ross County etc.. Watson at that stage had only appeared at cb v East fife and was poor, so those changes were understandable, butcher being out didn't help either and when he returned vs queen's wasn't upto speed fully although I personally think that game he should have went with Sporle left back

However It was him that signed the players and found the line up that we all call for and like to be played when they are available and credit due for going with Watson at ict as it's paid off since

More often than not the selections are spot on or not far off, he generally sticks with what is working and mostly getting results
    Aye ok. No need to jump in with that though.
    The conversation has been done and that was a one off exchange between me and Terry. So no need to stir it up.

Aye ok. No need to jump in with that though.
    The conversation has been done and that was a one off exchange between me and Terry. So no need to stir it up.

I'm not stirring anything up, no idea where that's came from, pretty random comment

Anyone reading can see I was disagreeing with the this tombola talk and putting forward why the changes were understandable or you could see the reasoning behind them, I've done that and nothing more to say on it, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    No word on Stephen Dobbie - he hobbled off injured with three mins to go against Ayr having pulled up and asking to be substituted. Would kinda cancel out Shankland’s absence if he were to be out.

Honestly don't think we need that, we have beaten them more often than not when he plays, if we do turn up then it will be a very difficult game for them coming to the fortress

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Hardly comparable!

Dillon was more experienced, versatile and playing in a far better team with players who could come in and help the team!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)