+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 13 down, 23 to go, Queens at home next up

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    exactamundo
    It's also worth remembering we won a match 6-0 with that line-up...

[QUOTE=shedka;39363358]However no one wanted Watson at centre back at that time as he was god awful vs East fife (the worst that night probably), that's why he would have been overlooked at that stage

Watson must be a brilliant player at centre back if everyone only remembers the one crap game he had.

He did have a bad game (they all do) but every time he was mentioned to fit back in at CH numerous folk kept going back to that one match.

Until he has his 2nd bad match in that position I would keep things as they are.

Stability required , Connelly and Brown will have to wait.

4 wins , 4 clean sheets is quite impressive in this league.

All's good .................

[QUOTE=Yeats 62;39363434]
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    However no one wanted Watson at centre back at that time as he was god awful vs East fife (the worst that night probably), that's why he would have been overlooked at that stage

Watson must be a brilliant player at centre back if everyone only remembers the one crap game he had.

He did have a bad game (they all do) but every time he was mentioned to fit back in at CH numerous folk kept going back to that one match.

Until he has his 2nd bad match in that position I would keep things as they are.

Stability required , Connelly and Brown will have to wait.

4 wins , 4 clean sheets is quite impressive in this league.

All's good .................
    Absolutely.

And, Watson also offers up a decent threat in the air at corners too. He almost scored from just such a scenario vs ICT the other week. He's converted from there in the past.

Well done to him for biding his time and for taking his chance when he got it. For me, he keeps his place at CB with Reynolds. It has been working.

watson has played RB a lot as well. I judge him on CB and last few games have only noticed him briefly. Which is a good indicator. He should stay in CB.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's also worth remembering we won a match 6-0 with that line-up...
    We played 3 at the back that day wasnt the same formation

We played 3 at the back that day wasnt the same formation
    Ah, fair doos. I wasn't at the match as my daughter was playing in the Scottish cup semi final against Celtic in Glasgow that day.

everyone is referring to the defence for the tombola argument, what about left midfield. We have played Clark, Pawlett, Sporle, Smith, Banks(in cup), Chalmers, Stanton, McMullan and Appere all there.

We also change the midfield and attack all over the place just to accomodate Pawlett when he starts.

Whilst there is an arugment that the attacking players interchange a lot, imho we play better when they dont and they stay in their best positions

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    everyone is referring to the defence for the tombola argument, what about left midfield. We have played Clark, Pawlett, Sporle, Smith, Banks(in cup), Chalmers, Stanton, McMullan and Appere all there.

We also change the midfield and attack all over the place just to accomodate Pawlett when he starts.

Whilst there is an arugment that the attacking players interchange a lot, imho we play better when they dont and they stay in their best positions
    we actually play better when Pawletts not in the team

100% agree

I’m not sure I totally agree with that. Pawlett came on at half time and changed the game at Firhill, he was outstanding in a fantastic display at East End Park, he roasted the Dees in the 6-2 and was superb in the 6-0 hosing of Morton. I would expand by saying that we are better with a fit Pawlett in the team - there lies the crux of the problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)