+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling out of England game.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sterling out of England game.....

....sitting on the naughty step due to a temper tantrum. Looks like PW's management philosophy is having an impact at the National level

Future captain? Maybe not any more, who knows?
    However, Raheem Sterling is more important to the England team than Joe Gomez so this problem needs sorting out pretty damn quick.

England shouldn’t be about one player, having said that I just don’t get why he’s dropped Sterling.

Both players had a ten second spat in an emotional game but hey what do we know about football especially emotions

Why is Southgate fetching club rivalry into the national team anyway ?
    Last edited by millertop; 12-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Because Southgate is a Liverpool fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Future captain? Maybe not any more, who knows?
    However, Raheem Sterling is more important to the England team than Joe Gomez so this problem needs sorting out pretty damn quick.
    He wouldn’t get in Warnes team because he’s a naughty boy.

This should’ve been kept in house and dealt with there and then. There was no need for this.
    Sterling is our best player and if we lose him because of this Southgate can feck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    This should’ve been kept in house and dealt with there and then. There was no need for this.
    Sterling is our best player and if we lose him because of this Southgate can feck off.
    I don't agree mate,we don't know what's gone off but he must have stepped out of line & if that's the case best player are not he's not bigger than the team.This sends a message to all players.I do agree tho it should have been kept in house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I don't agree mate,we don't know what's gone off but he must have stepped out of line & if that's the case best player are not he's not bigger than the team.This sends a message to all players.I do agree tho it should have been kept in house.

Sorry, I didn't mean that Sterling should not be reprimanded for it mate. It was reported on ITV this morning that Gomez said sommat sarcastic to Sterling and Sterling grabbed him by the throat. Brave lad if true. He's giving away about a foot in height

I more mean that there was no need for it all to be made public and give Sterling the opportunity to feel trialled by the media and hearsay. Southgate has not protected his players here. He could've dropped Sterling for the games and kept him training with the squad but on the bench. That seems a better punishment than sending him home for a rest.

Does anyone think the standard of opposition made a difference in the decision to send him home?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean that Sterling should not be reprimanded for it mate. It was reported on ITV this morning that Gomez said sommat sarcastic to Sterling and Sterling grabbed him by the throat. Brave lad if true. He's giving away about a foot in height

I more mean that there was no need for it all to be made public and give Sterling the opportunity to feel trialled by the media and hearsay. Southgate has not protected his players here. He could've dropped Sterling for the games and kept him training with the squad but on the bench. That seems a better punishment than sending him home for a rest.

Does anyone think the standard of opposition made a difference in the decision to send him home?
    He's not been sent home ST . He is training with the squad and will watch the match.

In fact he was packed and prepared to clear off himself before Jordan Henderson persuaded him against it.

Talksport managed to confuse things this morning: First they claimed that he was prepared to do a runner before he had been dropped (seems unlikely)and 5 minutes later they said it was after he was dropped. They had also reported that his dropping was "fuelled" by the unanimous feelings of the squad
    . Another time it was reported that Southgate's action had the full support of the squad - a completely different scenario.
    Who knows exactly what went off. I agree with you that this would have been better dealt with in house, especially because it is Sterling - who has his own delightful crackpot army of haters.

Perhaps this isn't an isolated incident, maybe Sterling has done it before and management have turned a blind eye because of his value to the team?

Could be once to often?

Who knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast