+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is UTD/your price

It would seem that it is less like how good the player is but what club he is being bought from.

If he's from Queens Park he moves for free
    Dundee United £2 million max
    Celtic or Hull City its £10 million
    Chelsea £50 million
    Barcelona £100 million plus.
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 12-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Another good reason he wont move in Jan is, the up and coming Scotland semi final qualifiers in March. He wont want to be playing second fiddle to any other striker or move to a club that could sack the manager at any given time ( as happens down south regularly) putting his Scotland squad place at risk. Ach we will just have to pit up with him for the time being😉

He is 100% holding out for a Rangers bid unfortunately. This will all depend on Morelos moving on. Everything will hinge on rangers having cash to pay for him! I'd expect this all to happen at the end of the season though!

Agree, have said before, cannot see him ending up anywhere but Sevco but not until the summer at the earliest and at best case for us Jan 2021

However they will need to cough up plenty Kelly bo

The Zombies seem the most likely destination at the moment. With that in mind I would sincerely hope that the powers that be at the club know not to give them FCUK ALL on tick. I'd demand every penny upfront with those tax dodging, face painter welching scummy b@stards. Chances are they might be in another admin within a year or so the way they're going.

The problem occupying the minds behind the scenes is maybe not how much we'll recoup on the investment when he goes but how do we replace him assuming we go up.

Engurland is beckoning for this young man and I would gobsmacked if he’s not got a release clause set in stone in his contract. I’d guess the best we could hope for is a wee bidding war erupts in January and pushes his price through the roof and the club makes a good few bob. My worst fear would be that a single club comes in, meets the release amount, offers him a bucketful of cash and off he sails into the sunset. Or I could be completely wrong and Shanks announces his undying love for the club and decides to stay for the length of contract

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Why would United sell him in Jan 2020?

He will likely double his value by Jan 2021, so it makes no sense whatsoever for the club.

Shankland has probably got one of the best goals-to-games ratios in Europe at the moment. When we do come around to selling him, we should be looking for really big money.

I'd be looking for around £5m up front with another £1-2m to come via add-ons/sell-on clauses etc.

If we take into account the Noel Hunt money as well, we'll be one of the richest clubs in the World
    If he was to go in the summer of 2020 we wont have the added value of Premiership goals to push up his sale price.
    On the other hand if he becomes a Scotland regular in the meantime and keeps scoring at that level it's much the same.
    One thing is certain, we won't just accept the first offer like ST did with Andy Robertson.

We have seen what happened back in 1999 when we sold Billy Dodds when the a*se fell out of our season and latterly when we sold the Tim Two and the a*se fell out of our Club. I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation- Shankland is currently priceless and cannot be sold mid-season. Period. To do so would most likely wreck our title challenge and once again cost us a lot more in the long term both financially and with supporter goodwill that has only been steadily rebuilt over the last 12 months following January 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    We have seen what happened back in 1999 when we sold Billy Dodds when the a*se fell out of our season and latterly when we sold the Tim Two and the a*se fell out of our Club. I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation- Shankland is currently priceless and cannot be sold mid-season. Period. To do so would most likely wreck our title challenge and once again cost us a lot more in the long term both financially and with supporter goodwill that has only been steadily rebuilt over the last 12 months following January 2015.
    Somebody told me the other day on here you're not a one man team .. . you telling me now you are😃🙈😃🙈

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)