+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is UTD/your price

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    ...and I would gobsmacked if he's not got a release clause set in stone in his contract...
    I'm not entirely sure this is something United have ever included in contracts before. Usually when there is such a clause for other clubs it's of a really high value. Who knows (fun fans, obviously). ��
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 12-11-2019 at 10:55 PM.

We wont be getting anywhere near some of these figures until he's proved himself at a respectable level of football.

NOT for sale in January!

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Somebody told me the other day on here you're not a one man team .. . you telling me now you are😃🙈😃🙈
    Clearly that wasn’t me so don’t get your logic. To elaborate, at this stage of the season we are looking in a very good position for getting up. United without Shankland would still be up near the top, but six points clear? Doubtful. We’d be in a mix with the rest of the top four in a dog eat dog battle. Shankland was brought in specifically to elevate an otherwise already solid side who got within a baw hair’s width of promotion last season to winning the title. Currently he’s helping to do just that. Having said all that, it’s a problem for us that you Funsters would frankly love to have to worry about.

Word on the street is Shanklands mrs/partner /other half warned him that he'd better see his contract out as she was fed up relocating. Not a wind up.there again money talks.

Peter I give you

Louis Appere
    Callum Butcher 2
    Nicky Clark
    Cammy Smith
    Ian Harkes

All scored against you in 2(two) games so far.
    That's before LoA chipped in with his two.
    One man team? Nah. That's funster talk

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'm not entirely sure this is something United have ever included in contacts before. Usually when there is such a clause for other clubs it's of a really high value. Who knows (fun fans, obviously). 🙂
    Mini Messi, 50 mill 😱

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Somebody told me the other day on here you're not a one man team .. . you telling me now you are😃🙈😃🙈

How many of the 80 have you witnessed?

NOT FOR SALE!!!

We need him for promotion and then for our first season in the premier.

His price now must be about £2M.
    If he stays another 18 months his value will be £7M and we can sell to a decent English club and avoid the ugly sisters

I think he has been advised really well, go to united in a league you know and you will continue to improve thus improving your stock.
    In the close season there will be offers to set you up for life.
    I think he is wise and has looked at previous players in similar situations although not as good as his is now, goodwillie to Blackburn on an alleged 20k a week, hardly played then loaned to Palace and never played then back to Scotland albeit with a few quid.
    Gauld to Portugal and reserve football for a long time, made plenty money though.
    Shanks will stay here to the close season at least and will then have a few to pick from and hopefully he goes south rather than west, we are a selling club and hopefully the investment in him works well for him and us and we will look back and see it as great business just like Duncan Ferguson for 4 million 25 years or so ago

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)