+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is UTD/your price

What is UTD/your price

How much will it take before UTD sell Lawrence shankland in January.

And what would you say is your price.

As for me he's "NOT FOR SALE" unless it's tens of millions, down south and we keep him until the end of the season.

Not for sale

3 million, 2 million up front and a loan back until end of season.

Not for sale until he has proved himself in the top league, which he will. When he does that, someone is gonna have to come in with at least £20 mil to get him!

I think you'd need to consider the possible costs of not being promoted should he leave, which (given the recent financial figures available) would be considerable. In other words the deal would need to be pretty huge which seems unlikely to me.

I honestly think we should await the Peter Mackie verdict,he knows more about Shankland than any of us.Wages,goal bonus,signing on fee,release clause, etc etc.He couldna tell ye how Wagner's bed got on top of the pie shop but he is an authority on all things Lawrence Shankland,FACT.

I think Peters financial advice would be invaluable. He may still be celebrating the biggest game of his life 4 years ago though so we must show patience.

Why would United sell him in Jan 2020?

He will likely double his value by Jan 2021, so it makes no sense whatsoever for the club.

Shankland has probably got one of the best goals-to-games ratios in Europe at the moment. When we do come around to selling him, we should be looking for really big money.

I'd be looking for around £5m up front with another £1-2m to come via add-ons/sell-on clauses etc.

If we take into account the Noel Hunt money as well, we'll be one of the richest clubs in the World

Quote Originally Posted by Ardler_Arab View Post
    How much will it take before UTD sell Lawrence shankland in January.

And what would you say is your price.

As for me he's "NOT FOR SALE" unless it's tens of millions, down south and we keep him until the end of the season.
    I would think that ultimately it will be down to player . It wont be down to what the club would take for him rather than being about if and when the player wants to go .

I would be very surprised if there isn't a clause in his contract that states if an offer for X amount is received he cant then choose to leave regardless if the club wish to sell or not .

Unfortunately that's just the way modern football is and I cant see this situation being any different .

That's not to say he wouldn't decided to stay a while longer and possibly look to move to an even bigger club/league than Forrest in the English championship but ask yourself what you would do ..

Quadrupole your wages ( Or more ) and set yourself up for life at the age of 24 while playing for a much bigger club in a much bigger league or hang around to look to forward facing Arbroath at gayfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I would think that ultimately it will be down to player . It wont be down to what the club would take for him rather than being about if and when the player wants to go .

I would be very surprised if there isn't a clause in his contract that states if an offer for X amount is received he cant then choose to leave regardless if the club wish to sell or not .

Unfortunately that's just the way modern football is and I cant see this situation being any different .

That's not to say he wouldn't decided to stay a while longer and possibly look to move to an even bigger club/league than Forrest in the English championship but ask yourself what you would do ..

Quadrupole your wages ( Or more ) and set yourself up for life at the age of 24 while playing for a much bigger club in a much bigger league or hang around to look to forward facing Arbroath at gayfield ?
    Funny thing is Swansea were offering him 3 times what the Funsters say we are paying him yet he chose to sign for us.He could have offered to sign for one year and we would have bitten his hand off.Instead he agreed a three year deal,i have no idea what's in the small print of the deal i will leave that to experts on financial issues from across the road.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)