+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: What is UTD/your price

  1. #1

    What is UTD/your price

    How much will it take before UTD sell Lawrence shankland in January.

    And what would you say is your price.

    As for me he's "NOT FOR SALE" unless it's tens of millions, down south and we keep him until the end of the season.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    367
    Not for sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    43
    3 million, 2 million up front and a loan back until end of season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,543
    Not for sale until he has proved himself in the top league, which he will. When he does that, someone is gonna have to come in with at least 20 mil to get him!

  5. #5
    I think you'd need to consider the possible costs of not being promoted should he leave, which (given the recent financial figures available) would be considerable. In other words the deal would need to be pretty huge which seems unlikely to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,172
    I honestly think we should await the Peter Mackie verdict,he knows more about Shankland than any of us.Wages,goal bonus,signing on fee,release clause, etc etc.He couldna tell ye how Wagner's bed got on top of the pie shop but he is an authority on all things Lawrence Shankland,FACT.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    884
    I think Peters financial advice would be invaluable. He may still be celebrating the biggest game of his life 4 years ago though so we must show patience.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    371
    Why would United sell him in Jan 2020?

    He will likely double his value by Jan 2021, so it makes no sense whatsoever for the club.

    Shankland has probably got one of the best goals-to-games ratios in Europe at the moment. When we do come around to selling him, we should be looking for really big money.

    I'd be looking for around 5m up front with another 1-2m to come via add-ons/sell-on clauses etc.

    If we take into account the Noel Hunt money as well, we'll be one of the richest clubs in the World

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardler_Arab View Post
    How much will it take before UTD sell Lawrence shankland in January.

    And what would you say is your price.

    As for me he's "NOT FOR SALE" unless it's tens of millions, down south and we keep him until the end of the season.
    I would think that ultimately it will be down to player . It wont be down to what the club would take for him rather than being about if and when the player wants to go .

    I would be very surprised if there isn't a clause in his contract that states if an offer for X amount is received he cant then choose to leave regardless if the club wish to sell or not .

    Unfortunately that's just the way modern football is and I cant see this situation being any different .

    That's not to say he wouldn't decided to stay a while longer and possibly look to move to an even bigger club/league than Forrest in the English championship but ask yourself what you would do ..

    Quadrupole your wages ( Or more ) and set yourself up for life at the age of 24 while playing for a much bigger club in a much bigger league or hang around to look to forward facing Arbroath at gayfield ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,172
    Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I would think that ultimately it will be down to player . It wont be down to what the club would take for him rather than being about if and when the player wants to go .

    I would be very surprised if there isn't a clause in his contract that states if an offer for X amount is received he cant then choose to leave regardless if the club wish to sell or not .

    Unfortunately that's just the way modern football is and I cant see this situation being any different .

    That's not to say he wouldn't decided to stay a while longer and possibly look to move to an even bigger club/league than Forrest in the English championship but ask yourself what you would do ..

    Quadrupole your wages ( Or more ) and set yourself up for life at the age of 24 while playing for a much bigger club in a much bigger league or hang around to look to forward facing Arbroath at gayfield ?
    Funny thing is Swansea were offering him 3 times what the Funsters say we are paying him yet he chose to sign for us.He could have offered to sign for one year and we would have bitten his hand off.Instead he agreed a three year deal,i have no idea what's in the small print of the deal i will leave that to experts on financial issues from across the road.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,586
    It would seem that it is less like how good the player is but what club he is being bought from.

    If he's from Queens Park he moves for free
    Dundee United 2 million max
    Celtic or Hull City its 10 million
    Chelsea 50 million
    Barcelona 100 million plus.
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 12-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    466
    Another good reason he wont move in Jan is, the up and coming Scotland semi final qualifiers in March. He wont want to be playing second fiddle to any other striker or move to a club that could sack the manager at any given time ( as happens down south regularly) putting his Scotland squad place at risk. Ach we will just have to pit up with him for the time being😉

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    736
    He is 100% holding out for a Rangers bid unfortunately. This will all depend on Morelos moving on. Everything will hinge on rangers having cash to pay for him! I'd expect this all to happen at the end of the season though!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,161
    Agree, have said before, cannot see him ending up anywhere but Sevco but not until the summer at the earliest and at best case for us Jan 2021

    However they will need to cough up plenty Kelly bo

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,368
    The Zombies seem the most likely destination at the moment. With that in mind I would sincerely hope that the powers that be at the club know not to give them FCUK ALL on tick. I'd demand every penny upfront with those tax dodging, face painter welching scummy b@stards. Chances are they might be in another admin within a year or so the way they're going.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,543
    The problem occupying the minds behind the scenes is maybe not how much we'll recoup on the investment when he goes but how do we replace him assuming we go up.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,142
    Engurland is beckoning for this young man and I would gobsmacked if he’s not got a release clause set in stone in his contract. I’d guess the best we could hope for is a wee bidding war erupts in January and pushes his price through the roof and the club makes a good few bob. My worst fear would be that a single club comes in, meets the release amount, offers him a bucketful of cash and off he sails into the sunset. Or I could be completely wrong and Shanks announces his undying love for the club and decides to stay for the length of contract

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,543
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Why would United sell him in Jan 2020?

    He will likely double his value by Jan 2021, so it makes no sense whatsoever for the club.

    Shankland has probably got one of the best goals-to-games ratios in Europe at the moment. When we do come around to selling him, we should be looking for really big money.

    I'd be looking for around 5m up front with another 1-2m to come via add-ons/sell-on clauses etc.

    If we take into account the Noel Hunt money as well, we'll be one of the richest clubs in the World
    If he was to go in the summer of 2020 we wont have the added value of Premiership goals to push up his sale price.
    On the other hand if he becomes a Scotland regular in the meantime and keeps scoring at that level it's much the same.
    One thing is certain, we won't just accept the first offer like ST did with Andy Robertson.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,993
    We have seen what happened back in 1999 when we sold Billy Dodds when the a*se fell out of our season and latterly when we sold the Tim Two and the a*se fell out of our Club. I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation- Shankland is currently priceless and cannot be sold mid-season. Period. To do so would most likely wreck our title challenge and once again cost us a lot more in the long term both financially and with supporter goodwill that has only been steadily rebuilt over the last 12 months following January 2015.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    We have seen what happened back in 1999 when we sold Billy Dodds when the a*se fell out of our season and latterly when we sold the Tim Two and the a*se fell out of our Club. I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation- Shankland is currently priceless and cannot be sold mid-season. Period. To do so would most likely wreck our title challenge and once again cost us a lot more in the long term both financially and with supporter goodwill that has only been steadily rebuilt over the last 12 months following January 2015.
    Somebody told me the other day on here you're not a one man team .. . you telling me now you are😃🙈😃🙈

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •