+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is UTD/your price

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Peter I give you

Louis Appere
    Callum Butcher 2
    Nicky Clark
    Cammy Smith
    Ian Harkes

All scored against you in 2(two) games so far.
    That's before LoA chipped in with his two.
    One man team? Nah. That's funster talk
    I never said it...look back and you'll see it was JM that indicated it

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    NOT FOR SALE!!!

We need him for promotion and then for our first season in the premier.

His price now must be about £2M.
    If he stays another 18 months his value will be £7M and we can sell to a decent English club and avoid the ugly sisters
    Absolutely. Teams don't often get a chance to maximise income from player sales like this. Got to play it cool and not jump at the 1st decent offer that comes in.

It's worth remembering too that having Shanks in the side will help shift season tickets early, allowing Robbie to get his business done early also.

I'm confident that we will have Shanks all of this season and, if we get promoted, hoping he gives us a full season in the premier league also.

Sell him in January, miss out on promotion and spend another season in Chumpionship would cost the club how much in losses? 2 to 3 million? Therefore, it wouldn't be good business sense for the club unless we got what we think he's worth + 2 to 3 million losses + money for replacement? We might be talking close to 7 million to make it a 'good deal' to sell and who's going to pay that in reality?

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    I never said it...look back and you'll see it was JM that indicated it
    What a piece of nonsense. In my post #19 I say that Shankland is priceless to United currently. But then currently so is Calum Butcher. And Jamie Robson. And I would also lump in Benji Siegrist as well. Losing any of them in January would be detrimental and contrary to the argument you’re trying to provoke it’s when Butcher and Robson have been out that we’ve actually lost games this season - Shankland’s played every one.

More to the point, you’re actually hoping that we sell in January in the hope that it will reignite your fading league challenge. Similarly you’re probably hoping you also sell your ‘top’ striker but for entirely different reasons.

It depends on the level of interest. Bidding war?

And also what you can squeeze out of them in terms of add-ons.

Another factor is he is a striker. They tend to attract bigger money.

But, yeah, he's got a bit to do yet. The Scottish Championship isn't a high standard of football. The Scottish Premier is better, but also not great. Hopefully he will be doing that 'bit to do yet' with DUFC.

And surely to goodness he will be with us for at least one season?

As long as we achieve promotion, I reckon he'll be excited by the opportunity to prove himself in the top league. If he can score regularly there, he will have proved himself of being able to lift both Ayr and United to a higher level, AND proved that he has got what it takes to step up a level.

People notice stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    It depends on the level of interest. Bidding war?

And also what you can squeeze out of them in terms of add-ons.

Another factor is he is a striker. They tend to attract bigger money.

But, yeah, he's got a bit to do yet. The Scottish Championship isn't a high standard of football. The Scottish Premier is better, but also not great. Hopefully he will be doing that 'bit to do yet' with DUFC.

And surely to goodness he will be with us for at least one season?

As long as we achieve promotion, I reckon he'll be excited by the opportunity to prove himself in the top league. If he can score regularly there, he will have proved himself of being able to lift both Ayr and United to a higher level, AND proved that he has got what it takes to step up a level.

People notice stuff like that.
    I would say zero chance of him going in January.
    Whether he goes in the summer will be entirely up to the player. He might feel a year in the Premiership would be better preparation for his next move. Or he might be in a hurry.
    Last edited by stokearab; 13-11-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    Word on the street is Shanklands mrs/partner /other half warned him that he'd better see his contract out as she was fed up relocating. Not a wind up.there again money talks.
    Where did you hear such a thing? I'd love it if it were true!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    What a piece of nonsense. In my post #19 I say that Shankland is priceless to United currently. But then currently so is Calum Butcher. And Jamie Robson. And I would also lump in Benji Siegrist as well. Losing any of them in January would be detrimental and contrary to the argument you’re trying to provoke it’s when Butcher and Robson have been out that we’ve actually lost games this season - Shankland’s played every one.

More to the point, you’re actually hoping that we sell in January in the hope that it will reignite your fading league challenge. Similarly you’re probably hoping you also sell your ‘top’ striker but for entirely different reasons.
    You never mentioned any of those other players...you said if Shankland leaves it would derail your promotion bid... I'm not trying to provoke any argument cause I don't think there is one...if he goes in January it will give other teams a good chance to close the gap...and you're it right it might reignite our chances...for what is worth I don't think he'll leave in January unless his mingling with players in the Scotland squad really turns his head to what he could be earning at either the old firm or down south... let's face it the boy Mcburnie must be on at least 25k a week and I would imagine Shankland would think he's a better player than him

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    Where did you hear such a thing? I'd love it if it were true!
    my sister in law works beside shanklands other half.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I would say zero chance of him going in January.
    Whether he goes in the summer will be entirely up to the player. He might feel a year in the Premiership would be better preparation for his next move. Or he might be in a hurry.
    Generally players will go when their stock is at its highest which in Shanklands case would be January without a doubt.
    He will know this as will his advisors so id be surprised if he's still around come January and certainly cant see him being here next season .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)