+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away from on the pitch

Away from on the pitch

When is something going to be done about the mud bath at the Coxy turnstiles, every time it rains any one entering via the last four turnstiles has to wade through this mud, this has been like this since it was built, it’s not a hard fix, even some sand bags could be used as a temporary measure if the club don’t want to spend money on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    When is something going to be done about the mud bath at the Coxy turnstiles, every time it rains any one entering via the last four turnstiles has to wade through this mud, this has been like this since it was built, it’s not a hard fix, even some sand bags could be used as a temporary measure if the club don’t want to spend money on the ground
    First mentioned this in 2009, changing ends 2010, employing a fll time respected stadium manager in a tip of stadium 2011 or maybe 12.

The tree outside main entrance I dealt with myself a few years back... but growing back again now.

When you go to the high stand though I believe there's a gleaming Dens park with the Derry steps open, all games played under the lights with a standing area and polished seats for those that prefer.

Wasting your breath mate whilst alive and kicking though.

heard this complaint often and have done for years
    the clubs really lucky that no one has had an accident so far

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    heard this complaint often and have done for years
    the clubs really lucky that no one has had an accident so far
    It’s actually sad that it takes an accident to get things sorted, what’s wrong with the most respected coming to work with his jeans on one day, borrow a shovel from the grounds man and move the stuff, then the purchase of a dozen or so sand bags, job done, he is the man in charge of the stadium after all

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s actually sad that it takes an accident to get things sorted, what’s wrong with the most respected coming to work with his jeans on one day, borrow a shovel from the grounds man and move the stuff, then the purchase of a dozen or so sand bags, job done, he is the man in charge of the stadium after all
    I'd rather somebody came along put our best players on the park and we went out and attacked... I'd accept muddy shoes to see that 😂

Sand bags would have little worthwhile effect, the water would go somewhere else or would find a way through the bags. It needs proper drainage, easy enough done with a few shovels by making the run off toward the wall rather than away from it and filling the trough with aggregate - could possibly employ sandbags to help direct the water to the run off. Water would find a a way through the Provie wall and away.

Meantime we're swimming to the matches and getting barkit, absolute fkn disgrace. Can't wait til it turns to ice.

Have been against changing to The Shankly, as proposed by RRoS amongst others, but after recent goings on I'm turning toward that opinion too.

Still live in hope of some hose storage

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Sand bags would have little worthwhile effect, the water would go somewhere else or would find a way through the bags. It needs proper drainage, easy enough done with a few shovels by making the run off toward the wall rather than away from it and filling the trough with aggregate - could possibly employ sandbags to help direct the water to the run off. Water would find a a way through the Provie wall and away.

Meantime we're swimming to the matches and getting barkit, absolute fkn disgrace. Can't wait til it turns to ice.

Have been against changing to The Shankly, as proposed by RRoS amongst others, but after recent goings on I'm turning toward that opinion too.
    Curious, how receptive would Nelms and co be to the idea of changing ends if a proper survey of fans opinion was undertaken.

I would think there would be a majority for now.

Bit of a Eurovision buff, having tipped 5 oot the last 8 winners and like a complicated convuluted voting system.

Here's my structure.

Adult season tic holder in cox 2 votes.

Wrinkly season ticket in cox 1 vote.

Adult season tic Derry 1 vote

Wrinkly season tic Derry half a vote.

Adult main stand 1 vote.

Wrinkly main stand half a vote.

Patg customer half a vote.

Deewok to have casting if a tie.

It’ll never happen, maybe if it wasn’t a normal fans suggestion, and came from within the club it may have been giving some thought.

Why not trial it whilst in the championship, surely no hard to put smaller crowds in Cox and see how it pans out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)