+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Away from on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Curious, how receptive would Nelms and co be to the idea of changing ends if a proper survey of fans opinion was undertaken.

I would think there would be a majority for now.
    John Nelms doesn't give a **** about fans' opinions. I do see why it wouldn't be 'practical' or 'preferred' but obviously there are ways to mitigate most risks identified through doing it. Biggest barrier might be the location of the club shop, not ideal having Weegies milling about and pishing against it while shouting 'aye but n'at big man' when we have kids and normal adults going in there to buy scarves and to pick up tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    John Nelms doesn't give a **** about fans' opinions. I do see why it wouldn't be 'practical' or 'preferred' but obviously there are ways to mitigate most risks identified through doing it. Biggest barrier might be the location of the club shop, not ideal having Weegies milling about and pishing against it while shouting 'aye but n'at big man' when we have kids and normal adults going in there to buy scarves and to pick up tickets.
    I wonder if there was any thought at all when the stands were built.

I mean when was the meeting was "There's our noisiest fans down there, let's put the rest of our fans up here along with shop"

I honestly think the Derry culling, the spread of our fans and the inability to win a toss in a big game (only half joking) and shoot downhill in the 2nd half is killing the atmosphere at Dens.

Wasn't there on Friday but been told our fans were so quiet and accepting of defeat from half time, something to do with direction we were shooting?

We keep doing the same things year on year on year on year, with the same inevitable results.......so fricking frustrating.

Just seems to be no one in Dens or who has the ear of Nelms who can give him any pointers from a fans point of view.

Shop slightly Impractical I agree but it would maybe be a catalyst to do things differently, booths to collect tic or low and behold not having to buy a ****ing ticket for Alloa at home, utopia.

It may not make a blind bit of difference, I may be completely wrong but if there's another team on the planet that seperates their own support then places the away support at the bottom of the brae giving away any home advantage I'd like to hear it.

Yes there will be some a wee bit upset but if we encourage a younger more boisterous support and lose a few crabbit moaners in the process it may be a positive.

Doubt very much anything will change though and I'll be posting this in 2 or 3 years time or I maybe sitting in campy nou quite happy with the world🙄

playing devils advocate and would imagine the police would point to where the away fans buses park,
    as to being the major issue.although i recognise that the location of most of the pubs means that fans are passing 1 another pre match anyway

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    playing devils advocate and would imagine the police would point to where the away fans buses park,
    as to being the major issue.although i recognise that the location of most of the pubs means that fans are passing 1 another pre match anyway
    A lot of our games there's no police apart from most respecteds storm troopers.

It's difficult and some issues to overcome but I think it would make a huge difference.

Just as aside, I was trying to think of the amount of big games we have been level or behind at half time then stormed back up the hill 2nd half......compare with the amount of big games the dabs have been level or behind at half time and won shooting downhill towards the fancy dressed ones at tannadice.

I'm really struggling to think of many at Dens for us.

yip i see the method in your thinking mate big big games where late important goals went in shooting doon the slope,aff the top o the head
    big mortens against Hearts
    its behind you against the dabs
    mccans against raith

it shouldna make a difference to the pros which way they shoot however try telling that to hibs famous 5 shooting down the mother of all slopes at easter rd into their own fans

would be interesting if an anorak raked through game reports from the 60's to present day and what points were won and the games scores turned around when we were shooting doon the slope in the 2nd half,might get a wee surprise at the outcome as you have to remember fans usually went behind the goal their team were shooting into so prob alot bigger difference since segregation started,if that makes sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    A lot of our games there's no police apart from most respecteds storm troopers.

It's difficult and some issues to overcome but I think it would make a huge difference.

Just as aside, I was trying to think of the amount of big games we have been level or behind at half time then stormed back up the hill 2nd half......compare with the amount of big games the dabs have been level or behind at half time and won shooting downhill towards the fancy dressed ones at tannadice.

I'm really struggling to think of many at Dens for us.
    We shoot downhill first half far too often for it to be coincidence - funny, but I was just thinking about that the other day. Is it because they want to shoot toward the Dundee fans second half or is there some other reason? Whatever it is it definitely seems deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We shoot downhill first half far too often for it to be coincidence - funny, but I was just thinking about that the other day. Is it because they want to shoot toward the Dundee fans second half or is there some other reason? Whatever it is it definitely seems deliberate.
    Maybe just **** tossers.....no wait a minute that's them.

On a serious note it's because we lose most tosses and the away team wants to shoot DOWNHILL to OWN FANS 2nd half.

Capital letters is for benefit of any of the Dens establishment sneaking a peak.

Wha was the last away team to win the toss and shoot downhill 1st half????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)