+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toon man of the match

Toon man of the match

Yedlin
    Best game I've seen him play

Outstanding,wouldn't mind a pint of what he is on.Never stopped today,I couldn't walk as far as he runs.

If the Saint finished one of his chances he'd of taken it because apart from that he played brilliant. But he didn't so it's either Yedlin or Willems for me.

I think it was given to Clark, is he not out top scorer

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I think it was given to Clark, is he not out top scorer
    He and Shelvey both have two each according to BBC.

But defenders have score 5 of our last 6 goals apperently.

There were a few candidates for man of the match for me.
    Yedlin definitely gets a major shout because his willingness to get down the line and feed an attack as well as getting into the position to score that goal and also maintaining his defensive duties was good to see.

I thought Fernandez was outstanding at the back. A real warrior, as was Clark.

Almiron was absolutely fantastic as well and was very unlucky with his chances. What I love about this lad is his willingness to take players on and also his never say die attitude both forward, midfield and defensive. This lad runs on duracell.

I thought the entire team did a sterling job but I have to hand the man of the match to the Saint, by a whisker.
    I thought he was magnificent and scared the living tish out of Bournemouth.
    When he gets that ball you get the immediate anticipation of what's going to happen. It's that unpredictability and also just his actual stance.
    If he scored that goal where it hit the bar it would've been a cracking finish to a cracking piece of movement. But the positions he got himself into and ran into to collect the ball, shows he's getting right on board, as the team seem to be.

A good all round team effort and togetherness..

Max was a constant threat, could have had a couple with his assist. Just wish Almiron and JL had took their chances.

Almiron did assist the assister today does that count as half an assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Max was a constant threat, could have had a couple with his assist. Just wish Almiron and JL had took their chances.

Almiron did assist the assister today does that count as half an assist?
    Have to give him some credit because he deserves it.
    The lad is fantastic in almost everything other than actually being fortunate enough to convert his own chances. I feel it'll come sooner rather than later.

How can he be fantastic 22 games no goals and no assists

So what is he actually fantastic at??

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    How can he be fantastic 22 games no goals and no assists

So what is he actually fantastic at??
    Causing havoc, that's what.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)