+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keogh

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Not like Tricky to be interested in central defenders usually right wingers are his obsession
    Mista, might that obsession be down to him also being a right whinger?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'm guessing putting your finger in it is not going to get the job done. Swimming lessons maybe? It seems to me like a once in a 100 year scenario and so cannot be contingency planned: the "blame the government card" has naturally been brought to the table of course, in my view unfairly.

I'm not sure there is a solution, since I don't think there is a recurring issue to solve. It's not like it's a global warming sea level rising problem. Whenever councils etc try to put flood defences in, the local nimbies seem to try to prevent it anyway.

The excessive rain is maybe a function of global warming, but who knows and the naysayers will stop any action being taken anyway. If this is so, then it needs concerted global action (and I mean action, not gluing yourself to cars!) not anything localised.
    Not sure you can describe it as a ‘once in a 100 year scenario’ GP or that there isn’t a ‘recurring issue to solve’.
    I appreciate that blame can’t be attributed to one particular government and shouldn’t really become an electoral issue but there certainly seems to be more evidence of serious flooding now than has previously been the case in either of our lifetimes.
    Not sure if certain local ‘cures’ are leading to ‘knock on’ problems elsewhere or how much is due to certain developments being greedily placed in wholly inappropriate places but something seems to be wrong.
    ‘Concerted global action’ is, I agree, what is called for. It also seems highly unlikely, but from what MA has told us I suspect we could all learn from those lowlanders across the North Sea who seem to have avoided perpetual autumn/winter floods.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    GP,
    Although Farage is unlikely to be in Parliament he has been very unselfish in giving Conservatives a massive boost to open up a 14 point lead in new poll after deal to pull out of 317 seats

Oh dear Farage unselfish? The whole Brexit so called party is crumbling before him, and he is to scared of humiliation to run himself. Basically he challenged the Tories they said **** off and his rich backers said, we are not funding the lost deposits on 100's of seats!

How anybody with an ounce of intelligence gives this single issue puppet of a group of rich right wingers who are only doing this for their own personal financial gain any credibility is beyond me.

How can you vote for a so called party which has no policies (an aim of a no deal economically disastrous brexit isn't a policy) and whose members hip includes such sane people as Anne Widdecombe and other completely irrelevant and bonkers people is bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure you can describe it as a ‘once in a 100 year scenario’ GP or that there isn’t a ‘recurring issue to solve’.
    I appreciate that blame can’t be attributed to one particular government and shouldn’t really become an electoral issue but there certainly seems to be more evidence of serious flooding now than has previously been the case in either of our lifetimes.
    Not sure if certain local ‘cures’ are leading to ‘knock on’ problems elsewhere or how much is due to certain developments being greedily placed in wholly inappropriate places but something seems to be wrong.
    ‘Concerted global action’ is, I agree, what is called for. It also seems highly unlikely, but from what MA has told us I suspect we could all learn from those lowlanders across the North Sea who seem to have avoided perpetual autumn/winter floods.
    Not sure about local cures RA when see what's happened in Venice

Ah yes mista, but Italian politicians can’t be compared to ours. They have a reputation for being a corrupt bunch of crooks motivated solely by self interest.
    Oops! Then again.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah yes mista, but Italian politicians can’t be compared to ours. They have a reputation for being a corruptbunch of crooks motivated solely by self interest.
    Oops! Then again.
    Are yes glad our polititions are not like that

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

How can you vote for a so called party which has no policies (an aim of a no deal economically disastrous brexit isn't a policy) and whose members hip includes such sane people as Anne Widdecombe and other completely irrelevant and bonkers people is bizarre!
    4 months ago they had 23% backing in the polls. Today they are, depending on which poll you read somewhere between 4 and 12%, an average of 8%. Some of those supporters will be in constituencies the Brexit party isn't contesting. I would be surprised if they get any seats at all.

Why do we have two brexit threads?

I've got gout Stenson, should I support Brexit??!!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Why do we have two brexit threads?
    Its designed to lure you into the brexit debate by sneaking it in as a (third) Keogh thread, it would appear. And its worked!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)