+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling?

Question Sterling?

Another media driven storm in a teacup or something else?

For me, Sterling is like a lot of PL Footballers that think they are something more than ordinary, be it a good or bad player earning 100's of thousands of £'s a week it does not hide their childishness, "If" Sterling turned up at the England training ground and asked Gomez "you still the big man?" then it certainly shows his immaturity, Just like his tattoo of a gun on his leg because his dad was shot, I'm sure I and many more would never have that tattoo to remember their dead shot Father, it seems very odd to me.

All this should have been kept "In House", but Southgate in his wisdom decided otherwise, which has the media in this storm BT, "something else" ? as far as I can see Southgate has opened the can on what happened and given his verdict, something as I've said above should not have been aired in public, Sterling should have been read the riot act and omitted from the squad for his behaviour and causing unrest in the camp, but having aired it it has put it up for debate from Media to players to comment which IMO is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    For me, Sterling is like a lot of PL Footballers that think they are something more than ordinary, be it a good or bad player earning 100's of thousands of £'s a week it does not hide their childishness, "If" Sterling turned up at the England training ground and asked Gomez "you still the big man?" then it certainly shows his immaturity, Just like his tattoo of a gun on his leg because his dad was shot, I'm sure I and many more would never have that tattoo to remember their dead shot Father, it seems very odd to me.

All this should have been kept "In House", but Southgate in his wisdom decided otherwise, which has the media in this storm BT, "something else" ? as far as I can see Southgate has opened the can on what happened and given his verdict, something as I've said above should not have been aired in public, Sterling should have been read the riot act and omitted from the squad for his behaviour and causing unrest in the camp, but having aired it it has put it up for debate from Media to players to comment which IMO is not good.
    I agree that it should have been kept in house, however, these days, there will always be someone within the 'house' who will spill the beans to get their pockets filled with loads of money! It isn't just football that suffers from this ---it is the modern world.

Got to give Sterling some credit though, for not taking sh-it from a Scouser.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Got to give Sterling some credit though, for not taking sh-it from a Scouser.
    No credit to either of them ---just like a pair of spoilt brats behaving like schoolchildren ---and that's an insult to most schoolchildren!

Sterling crisis? Southgate takes a pounding for dropping him for England’s 1000th international fixture. Is Gareth really top dollar as a manager or has he sounded a bum note? For my money he has hardly handled this with aplomb. Seriously I think he could have dealt better with this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Sterling crisis? Southgate takes a pounding for dropping him for England’s 1000th international fixture. Is Gareth really top dollar as a manager or has he sounded a bum note? For my money he has hardly handled this with aplomb. Seriously I think he could have dealt better with this incident.
    Dead right out wood.

For me he just slipped into the glove of FA puppet and his tenure will be shortened from now imo anyway.

Firstly this incident , secondly he’s moved away from doing what he said by not selecting players in form to represent their country.

Sterling is the cog that makes England tick he was in the World Cup and has been since so it’s a mistake all be it weaker opposition.

I really like you don’t get all the fuss, stuff like this happens every day at workplaces across the country, they get disciplined told to do there jobs end off.

If it was me I’d have said if you want to get it out of your systems , find somewhere quiet away from public and cameras and crack on.

Put them in a small box like room together, close them inside for 3 hours ,they will soon realised they will come our friends.

From what bit I've bothered to read about it, Southgate has decided to drop the little **** for one game. Seems a fairly reasonable and sensible response to me, can't see what all the fuss is about.

I quite admire the fact the precocious little phucker stood his ground and squared up to a bully twice the size of him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)