+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sands of Time.......

The sands of Time.......

I belong to a website of the hospital I worked at a long time ago. Its a bit like a deserted town in the mid west, with weed blowing down the high street. Occasionally you will get a post about this that and the other, do you remember etc, theres even a photo of a set of keys.

Mostly though its about people dying. As time goes on more people will die, there will be less posts, until there will be nothing, as the hospital has been closed down.

There will be a last log on, and a final post...…..

Joni Mitchell sang of cities under the sand.

Just saying like. Just passing through.

An old man.

Don’t let it get you down, Frank.

They say you can’t take it with you, so I’m not going.

Sweet Bird is a great choice of song as a reference to growing old Frank,the hospital forum will definitely die as we all will in the near future,this forum will cease to exist once you,me and griff don't bother coming on here anymore,it's yesterday's forum for old men,today's millennial uses Facebook or Twitter or whatever,they've no interest in something that you have to log on to view when they can just post elsewhere and can be seen instantly by their friends and family whatever they are doing,are you scared of dying Frank knowing that you are heading towards the final lap of your life? It does get to people knowing that there is nothing that they can do to stop it,I've seen six people actually die in front of my eyes and it's not a pleasant sight,people seldom pass away in their sleep peacefully,make the most of what time is left,you worry too much about the country and its future,twenty years from now the politicians will still be arguing amongst themselves and you will be six feet under just a distant memory to some close family,do things that you've always wanted to do and enjoy doing them,you've worked all of your life and I'm presuming that you've got a quid or two tucked away to do those things so do them as one day you won't be able to,travel if you.fancy it,see things that you've always wanted to see,make a bucket list and slowly tick them off while you have the chance,love your wife,treat her like a princess and tell her that you love her because one day all she will have is memories

Well.

That’ll make Frank feel LOADS better.

And who you calling OLD?

There's only three of us on here and I'm the youngest at 58,ten years is probably what we've got left each so he should be out enjoying his life while he can and not worrying about stuff he can't do anything about,it doesn't matter if the Cons or Lab get in neither of them are going to ask Frank his option on the result,he's done his bit for the country so its time he enjoyed himself the same as you should be griff

Am I scared of dying,? good question. I see it as a new chapter, doing it wont be fun. Near death experiencers lose all fear. A book has been written by a bloke called Kevin Williams entitled "Nothing better than Death". I haven't read it, but it is about near death stuff.

I like to think of myself as a spiritual person which I love Joni Mitchell so much, its impressive you know her work. She has become reclusive, but I have followed her life through various interviews. In one she dismissed her music as an aberration, and dismissed it.
    There is no doubt she is an infj, there is the infj crash and burn. If something isn't perfect they will feel its all bad, and junk it.

She has probably thrown away stuff that she shouldn't have. Hissing of the summer lawns is wonderful as is court and spark, classic rock folk. A few years ago Blue a folk album was rated the best of all time in America in the mid 2000s, not bad for a record made in 1971. There is nothing as sad, depressed, and brilliant, as that, its one of a kind. The last time I saw Richard sums up the sorrow of this world. Her lyrics are what someone aged 80 would write, she wrote Blue at 21. Classic infj.

Its funny you mentioned future plans, recently we decided that when the dogs pass on we would spend a month in the us and pick a place to live for a year. Modom likes New England I like California, I think the warm place will win. Its all pie in the sky though. Naples or spain was ruled out because we cant speak. I love Napoli. Madame isn't well.....

What have you planned, are you going cruising? What about you Griff? I know you have a view about death Chalky, and it does have some merit. Life is mostly struggle, in fact it all is. Just one damn thing after another. There is no rest....till we die.

Stanley Fatso Garbett. Of Three Mile Bottom, south Cambs.

p.s Only a phase, these dark café days. Ms Mitchell 1971

You’re very pessimistic Chalky if you can’t see yourself going on past 68. My Dad was a few days off 90 when he died and my Mum is now 101. My research shows quite a few folk in my family tree reaching their 80s even in the 1700s. I come from a strong gene-pool bus, as a friend told me, I could be the first to buck the trend. In other words, it could happen tomorrow but I also have a realistic chance of living longer than my father, so I may have another 25 years.

What will I do with it? Life with no rent or mortgage is good. More travel and seeing more of the kids and grandkids is the main plan. We’re heading to British Columbia for a road trip in 2021 and there’s lots of bits of Europe that I still want to see. I’ll be led by my DNA; if I’m of Viking stock I’ll head for Scandinavia, if I’m part Belgian then I’ll be heading there. But I don’t plan to go toes up just yet. Carlisle haven’t won the Premier League.

Am I being pessimistic or realistic griff,I like to think the latter,I'm certainly not scared of death but the thought of laying in a hospital bed and unable to look after myself does and if I can help it I won't let that happen but unfortunately life has a habit of being unpredictable,look at how many miles ive travelled to see a red squirrel up and down the country sitting in hides waiting for one to appear but to no avail,then one day I'm walking down the street in the IoW and I hear a rustle in a tree and there's one right there in front of me,that's what life is like,you just can't plan it,I doff my cap to you both for doing something with your lives as we are in our golden years now and probably better off then we have ever been before
    I love Joni Mitchell Frank,I have owned Blue since I got my first wage packet in '79 and This Flight Tonight is probably my favorite on there but they are all quality songs,it pisses me off to always hear Big Yellow Taxi or Chelsea Morning on the radio when she wrote such great songs,music has been my only true love,it makes me happy and it can bring me to tears and I've never got bored of it as it can take me away from the misery of this world,when I split up with my ex years ago I was extremely upset,when I found out that she had got rid of 20% of my music collection I was devastated,I could get over losing her but not the music,she was a bitch for doing that but I forgave her because when you think about it it's only "stuff",you shouldn't cry over material objects,channel that love for people or animals and as griff says you can't take it with you,there ain't no pockets in a shroud and have a good time and **** politics off,Boris,Cornyn or the other one that's always supping pints aren't bothered about you,they've never heard of you or never will,all they want is your X come election day,show them how you feel and just don't bother turning up election day and do something more interesting and worthwhile instead
    Last edited by cocopops61; 14-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Its a shame Joni got into jazz, her quality music stopped at Hejira. Still never mind. You are a work in progress, as is Griff. Griff is looking into his DNA, maybe you should too. Life isn't to be tolerated but built upon. Everything you do makes a difference, not only to this world but to your DNA.

My DNA spans Finland to Suadi Arabia, in it is stored uncountable previous lives, all of different people of course. But are they, or is it me in different times? Rescuing a bug from a path so it isn't stepped on is building who you are. You should care because that bug was you once, and some stranger came along to save you from someones boot. Some part of you will know that and pass it on.

You are building the person you will be next time, and yes, you arnt done with this world, yet. You should care who wins the election, because you will be back if you haven't transcended this sh it.

I watch Homes under the Hammer, people buy wrecks and turn them into lovely houses. Life on this planet does the same thing, you have a good heart and are making fine progress.

Guru Lionel Hanchard Phillips, Sargeant at arms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)