+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hart and Drinkwater, Vydra, Wells and Gibson?

I think SD would probably like to rotate his squad, but in reality six or seven are nowhere near EPL quality. Honestly, I would shift half a dozen and play the kids when we have too.
    My own appraisal:
    Lennon = Passed sell by date.
    Vydra = Not EPL quality.
    Brady = Injury prone and not physical enough for the EPL.
    Gibson = WTF did we buy him for?
    Wells = WTF did we buy him for?
    JBG = Injury prone and not physical enough for the EPL.
    Hart = Reputation bigger than actual talent.
    Drinkwater = Ditto.
    Big job for someone shifting this lot!

I think I read somewhere that Wells' contract runs out in the summer so if we don't get something for him in January it was money down the drain.He wants to stay at QPR so get what we can.
    Hart - Just get him off the books - we have his replacement.
    Drinkwater - Possibly a gamble that hasn't worked out - Again money down the drain.
    Surely Ali Koiki can replace Brady - sell him.
    Vydra - Lot of money for a squad player.
    Gibson - I'm confused.Long is our cover for central defence.
    JBG- Keep him

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think SD would probably like to rotate his squad, but in reality six or seven are nowhere near EPL quality. Honestly, I would shift half a dozen and play the kids when we have too.
    My own appraisal:
    Lennon = Passed sell by date.
    Vydra = Not EPL quality.
    Brady = Injury prone and not physical enough for the EPL.
    Gibson = WTF did we buy him for?
    Wells = WTF did we buy him for?
    JBG = Injury prone and not physical enough for the EPL.
    Hart = Reputation bigger than actual talent.
    Drinkwater = Ditto.
    Big job for someone shifting this lot!
    Lennon - totally agree he was passed his sell by date when we brought him in and was a waste of money.
    Vydra - Not really sure about him, he has not really been given a chance to impress.
    Brady - agree with you.
    Gibson - Looked good at Middlesboro but as not shown that here.
    Wells - Let him go to QPR for whatever they can pay.
    JBG - agree with you.
    Hart - The defence does not appear to have confidence in him, thought he would have left in the summer rather than Heaton.
    Drinkwater - We should let Chelsea solve their own problems,.

Yes it will be a big job to sort out, and I fear that our recruitment team is not up to the task. I hope that we can improve out starting XI, but I would not bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Should we shut the lot for the best money we can get where a fee is involved and spend it on someone who might actually get a game and play?
    You have been Jacking up again haven't you ? Tell the truth BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    You have been Jacking up again haven't you ? Tell the truth BT.
    We have the basic numbers of EPL quality players to compete in the division we are in. We really need to have a sift through the bottom end of the squad though, shift 7, bring in 3 - sound about right?

I like Sean, I think he's done an absolutely awesome job for us, and continues to do so, he can do virtually no wrong for me, and when he leaves it's my opinion that we'll be heading south in the leagues at a rate of knots. There is just one tiny alarm bell tinkling at the back of my head though. and it's that list of players bubbling under just outside our first team, and none of then really good enough to be in it. There's a lot of money been spent on them and I have no idea why he signed most of them, what on earth was he thinking ? I have no idea, just shows no one is perfect I suppose, he is human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Sean, I think he's done an absolutely awesome job for us, and continues to do so, he can do virtually no wrong for me, and when he leaves it's my opinion that we'll be heading south in the leagues at a rate of knots. There is just one tiny alarm bell tinkling at the back of my head though. and it's that list of players bubbling under just outside our first team, and none of then really good enough to be in it. There's a lot of money been spent on them and I have no idea why he signed most of them, what on earth was he thinking ? I have no idea, just shows no one is perfect I suppose, he is human after all.
    Signing Sordell sort of laid down a marker for me, but then he picks up Pope and Tarkowski amongst others for shirt buttons. Is it all down to plain and simple luck at the end of the day?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)