+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hart and Drinkwater, Vydra, Wells and Gibson?

Question Hart and Drinkwater, Vydra, Wells and Gibson?

Should we shut the lot for the best money we can get where a fee is involved and spend it on someone who might actually get a game and play?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Should we shut the lot for the best money we can get where a fee is involved and spend it on someone who might actually get a game and play?
    I would say yes if we are going to try and improve the starting XI, but a firm no if it is only to add to the dry powder store.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I would say yes if we are going to try and improve the starting XI, but a firm no if it is only to add to the dry powder store.
    Eminently sensible suggestion Vintage.

That would be a good idea if I could trust them to buy a useful player who would contribute to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsdad View Post
    That would be a good idea if I could trust them to buy a useful player who would contribute to the team.
    Welcome Sonsdad, we try not to be too sensible on here. Good suggestion though!

Looking forward to BT's Taxi service bringing in some top quality signings in the new year .. Perhaps The dry powder room will be opened this time..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Looking forward to BT's Taxi service bringing in some top quality signings in the new year .. Perhaps The dry powder room will be opened this time..
    Sorry to inform you negatively Alf. No advance bookings from the Turf, neither in nor out.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I don't see any major spending Alf, as I think Garlick has lost the key to the DPS.

If he’s fit and can contribute I’d keep Drinkwater Bt , he’s a better player than anything we have centrally ( but as I say the proviso is he’s fit and can play).

I honestly believe unless someone comes for Tarky now Gibson will go anyway but we may lose long as well.

If we are having a cards out on the table I’d say you can also take Brady - Lennon- Gudmundson into your list and let’s get a couple of decent players back in that can contribute.

I’m slightly worried we’re sniffing around at Celtic for an ageing centre mid , hopefully it’s low money and short contract.

If we got some of the above of the wage bill we’d be in a position to sign better players.

I've always assumed we brought Gibson in because we thought Tarko would be following Keane out of the door, so that made some sort of sense, but for the life of me I can't work out why we spent money on the other four. I think Gibson might still have a future with us, but as far as I can see they might as well get rid of the others, or give them something useful to do like selling programmes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)