+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 6 weeks today ( Wednesday )

6 weeks today ( Wednesday )

It’ll just about be all over and I’ll be fighting the urge to strangle my sister in law.

Picture Shrek crossed with Hyacinth Bucket.

I used to love Xmas but it’s now just a day I can’t wait to get done.

The clocks change again in 19 1/2 weeks so at least there’s something to look forward to.

I sympathise with you Mick, families ay. I've had some right aggro of late with the Brother in law, he can eff right off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I sympathise with you Mick, families ay. I've had some right aggro of late with the Brother in law, he can eff right off for me.
    I’ve had massive bust ups with my sister in law and my druggy,alcoholic,f u c k wit of a brother at Xmas in the last few years Phil.

My father in law and I never saw eye to eye and going back about 15 years when he was 75 he swung a punch at me at an Xmas Day evening party at my sister in laws house.

I told him it was his one free swing and that if he tried it again I’d deck him.

The problem is that in most families someone ( my wife in our family ) has this desperation to bring everyone “together” at Xmas.

As in a lot of families this forces together people who in some cases can’t stand each other.

My son and his eldest sister can’t stand each other and no longer speak ( his fault! ) and so the whole day is fraught with tension.

Pity it’s not just the wife and me up a mountain in a log cabin for Xmas.....we’ve been together nearly 34 years and still get on fantastically and rarely have a crossed word.

If we could eliminate my brother and her sister things would be so much easier.

Her dad has Alzheimer’s now so at least he’s forgotten he can’t stand me!

Me and the B-I-L were getting on fine for years, well so I thought. It came to light recently that all he was doing was to slag me off behind my back to his mommy and other family members for ages and no one bothered to tell me, till I found out by accident. It all came to a head at the nephews wedding this year, when towards the end of the reception, he became abusive. We both squared up and separated. I no longer have anything to do with the family on the wife's side now, but i swear, if I see that flippin B-I-L again Im likely to deck him.

Used to love Christmas and it was my favourite time of year, as was the case with my mom. When she passed away one Christmas I grew to hate it.

This was hard on my wife and lad as I really wasn't good company. One year I thought fk it and embraced things again. We're all much happier for it.

As for family I have nothing to do with my siblings or their partners any more and that's fine by all of us. Not just at Christmas but all year round.

Removes a lot of unnecessary and counter productive stress from life which is already too short. Can't stand the wife's brother either although this post may say more about me as a person than all of them combined.

These days Christmas centres around my wife, my son (who also goes to see his mates) and the Albion on Boxing Days. I now look forward to Christmas again much more than I did a few years back.

Feck me, did I miss someone passing the humbugs around?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Feck me, did I miss someone passing the humbugs around?
    Not at all. Tis the season to be jolly. Next month. The humbugs are staying wrapped until then .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)